Damaged SD Card

Badget

Reaction score
So my SD Card says its damaged, no sure how or why...took it out, looked fine.. went back in fine..yes I know something internally can go wrong, let's say it has...I'm running the smoked glass rom and I'm assuming all my backup stuff is now gone if the SD card is screwed, will I be okay? Sorry for not posting in hacks forum.. can't see them on my phone and currently out eating.

OP
B

Badget

Reaction score
Update: I plugged my phone into my computer and I can see all my files fine on the SD Card, why is my phone saying it's damaged? I can't view them from Astro File Manager Either.

OP
B

Badget

Reaction score
Have you powered down and restarted? Try it. Oh, make sure your card is in the phone.
I turned it off and on a number of times now, also took the card out, put it back in a number of times too, still "damaged SD card" - but my computer says its fine =x.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you powered down and restarted? Try it. Oh, make sure your card is in the phone.
I turned it off and on a number of times now, also took the card out, put it back in a number of times too, still "damaged SD card" - but my computer says its fine =x.

Well, I've only got one more idea. Transfer everything off the card to your computer and reformat the card. Load stuff back on and see if it'll go. Otherwise, new card.

OP
B

Badget

Reaction score

Well, I've only got one more idea. Transfer everything off the card to your computer and reformat the card. Load stuff back on and see if it'll go. Otherwise, new card.

Yep, friend just suggested that and in the process right now, will report back how it goes.

MinConst

Reaction score

Ive tried formatting the card. When I choose to in Windows the card un mounts. I see no formatting option in Astro or on the phone. How can this be done? I get the scan disk notice whenever I mount.

OP
B

Badget

Reaction score

Works fine now, thanks.

MinConst

Reaction score
I finally found format on the phone Duh. Tried it and it worked.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Ok so out of no where, I rebooted my phone, have this weird little icon, and in pulldown it says, "Damaged SD Card". I took out the SD card maybe once months ago and all of a sudden this. So it gives me the option to format the card to fix it. Low and behold, format doesnt work. Even tried from the system/settings/SD Card-Phone Storage ..still doesnt work... anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am almost positive you have to "unmount" the card before the format option will be operable...I don't know if you have tried this already

I usually erase the card via card reader and computer and then format it with my Droid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am almost positive you have to "unmount" the card before the format option will be operable...I don't know if you have tried this already

I usually erase the card via card reader and computer and then format it with my Droid

Well, in system settings, it has the option to mount the card and an option to format it. I pushed unmount last nigt.. but the option to format was still there before I did that.. and still now when I press format nothing happens..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried mounting the card to your computer with a card reader, copying the contents of your SD to a folder, erasing the card, putting it back in your phone and then unmounting and formatting?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Have you tried mounting the card to your computer with a card reader, copying the contents of your SD to a folder, erasing the card, putting it back in your phone and then unmounting and formatting?

Nah.. not yet.. was thinking I need to go to the vzw store anyways and will just show them and see what happens.. I just dont remember seeing anyone else ever having this issue.