SD card failing

UGAChicago

Reaction score
Today out of no where my SD card decided to stop working. There's a continuous notification in my bar that says "Blank SD Card: SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem.". I don't know why this happened as it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Any suggestions? I'm running DarkSlide if that makes a difference.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
Today out of no where my SD card decided to stop working. There's a continuous notification in my bar that says "Blank SD Card: SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem.". I don't know why this happened as it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Any suggestions? I'm running DarkSlide if that makes a difference.

I hadthis out of the box. More than likely your sdcard is bad or try and reformat the card on your pc and then put it in your droid and reformat it there and mount it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
U

UGAChicago

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro... what kind of attachment am I going to need for that? I tried clicking reformat in the phone itself and nothing happens. I don't see how the card would have gotten scratched because I never took it out.

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro... what kind of attachment am I going to need for that? I tried clicking reformat in the phone itself and nothing happens. I don't see how the card would have gotten scratched because I never took it out.
not sure about mac. But my card came out of the box bad if I remember correctly. Had to go back to Verizon and have them exchange it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
U

UGAChicago

Reaction score
So what are my options as far as making it work again? I still have had no success. I can't really take it back to the Verizon store because my phone is rooted and without my SD card there is no way to back it up so I can restore after an unroot. I'm going to try finding someone with an adapter so I can attempt to format it in a computer as I haven't yet, but assuming that doesn't work (I'm not holding out too much hope), what should my course of action?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Take the card out of the phone and carry it into the store and explain that it is showing as "no file system" when you put it into your phone...the people at Verizon should be able to verify if it is working, and if not, they will just give you another card...should be as easy as eating pie...:)

OP
U

UGAChicago

Reaction score
Will they really do that? I feel like it would look questionable because it could just be any SD card, not necessarily one from a Verizon phone. haha just a thought..

droidxguy18

Reaction score
This just happened to me today. I know it was the card that went bad becuase I have another 8gb card that works fine. I got the run around from Verizon and they would not replace it. They even trasfered me to scan disc who they thought made the card in my phone, only to find out they did not so they could not help me either. However, I did call motorolla directly and they will be sending me a new 16gb card. Only problem now is I do not have access to any of the backups I had on my phone prior to the card going bad.