D4 Carbon ROM

spivey76

Reaction score
So is there an actively maintained rom for the D4? I dropped Eclipse, which worked great up until recently, for this one. I've tried PAC Man (which had to many issues for me), and I think I've tried Avatar and LiquidSmooth, but can't remember.

Briteyez83

Reaction score
So is there an actively maintained rom for the D4? I dropped Eclipse, which worked great up until recently, for this one. I've tried PAC Man (which had to many issues for me), and I think I've tried Avatar and LiquidSmooth, but can't remember.

Ive had the best luck with Liquid. I had carbon in romslot-1 but decided to wipe and flash Avatar since it was posted as stable. For it being posted as stable ive had nothing but issues with it. No mms, cant get play store cause wifi signal is always broken and if my sms is already open i dont get a notification of a new message.

Sent with Liquid Smoothness from my Maserati using Tapatalk2

spivey76

Reaction score
Ive had the best luck with Liquid. I had carbon in romslot-1 but decided to wipe and flash Avatar since it was posted as stable. For it being posted as stable ive had nothing but issues with it. No mms, cant get play store cause wifi signal is always broken and if my sms is already open i dont get a notification of a new message.

Sent with Liquid Smoothness from my Maserati using Tapatalk2

I had those same issues. Recently I installed the latest AOKP nightly linked on XDA and aside from the normal caps lock/ shift key light everything has been running smooth w/o any tweaks.

motrue

Reaction score
New version carbon v 1.8 available. Smooth as butter....

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

sean9721

Reaction score
I flashed 1.8 this morning. I am able to send and receive MMS with no issues. I haven't used it enough to find any issues.

huckky

Reaction score
Hi..Is there a data toggle in statusbar to switch between 2g and 3g? carbon 1.8

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Yup, good stuff. Only thing that jerks me is the lack of resolution options for video recording. Seems to be looked at 480p

Ferkis

Reaction score
I have been using this rom for almost a week and it is great. The only issue that i have is that whenever i want to take a picture it just stucks and it keeps taking pictures. Is anybody experiencing the same problem???

sean9721

Reaction score
I have been using this rom for almost a week and it is great. The only issue that i have is that whenever i want to take a picture it just stucks and it keeps taking pictures. Is anybody experiencing the same problem???

I've been using this ROM for about a month and I haven't had this issue.

TheGardener

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Maserati

Go back to recovery and do wipe data/factory reset. It should be back to normal
Sometimes it just gets crazy. Seriously. I couldn't get back to home screen (this function doesn't work). After doing wipe data/ factory reset + install gapps, it works, which doesn't make any sense because I did do wipe data/ factory reset after flashing Carbon ROM the first time and I don't think gapps has anything to do with homescreen function.

Anyway, the best part of Carbon ROM is that it has Permission Management :D. I can't imagine I am still able to use it after CM 7.2 :D