D4 Carbon ROM

donson

Reaction score
been lurking for a long time and havent logged on in forever. but liked this rom so much just had to thank the op for posting this and for the carbon team for making it. been trying all the jb roms past few months and this has been the best so far. came from liquid smooth 2.4/2.5 and the reboots were driving me insane, battery life was great though. so far carbon has been smooth, good battery life, no reboots and i like the options and layout. 4g is flawless too.

people flash this rom!!

donson

Reaction score
been lurking for a long time and havent logged on in forever. but liked this rom so much just had to thank the op for posting this and for the carbon team for making it. been trying all the jb roms past few months and this has been the best so far. came from liquid smooth 2.4/2.5 and the reboots were driving me insane, battery life was great though. so far carbon has been smooth, good battery life, no reboots and i like the options and layout. 4g is flawless too.

people flash this rom!!

update - loving this rom. 5 days with no reboots, force closes, freezes, nada. just nice and smooth. battery life is awesome.

only issue im having is with mms (which seems to be a common thing amongst jb roms?), had it with liquidsmooth as well. itll just say 'sending' and wont send until i reboot. other than that the rom has been flawless :rating10:

Briteyez83

Reaction score
has anyone had any experience flashing this on a slot other than slot 1? or is there any other way to install this because I have installed a few times and it gets passed recovery screen and then it vibrates really quick and loud and reboots and continues the loop.

any help is greatly appreciated

I do. Have you gone through the forum for the rom you've been trying to flash in romslot 1? There are some of the available roms that are slot specific....like Avatar, it had to be flashed in romslot 1 or it wouldnt boot. I actually have 3 romslots and before i received my new device on warranty i had Avatar in romslot 1, AOKP in romslot 2 and liquid in the 3rd. :biggrin: So i would check just to be sure. Good luck and happy rooting

Briteyez83

Reaction score
Does it have to go into slot 1?

That woul explain why it would do that last vibrate like it was going do load only do reboot again. Flashed carbon this morning and do far I'm impressed. I have 3 romslots and 6 roms to choose from and so far this one takes the cake. :D

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

Briteyez83

Reaction score
has anyone had any experience flashing this on a slot other than slot 1? or is there any other way to install this because I have installed a few times and it gets passed recovery screen and then it vibrates really quick and loud and reboots and continues the loop.

any help is greatly appreciated

When I first downloaded this rom I flashed it in romslot 2 cause I had Avatar in 1 and ran into the same issue. I found out by accident that Avatar will boot in other rom slots. Do I'm guessing that it does have to be romslot 1. If you haven't already redo your download. How are you putting the .zip file on the root of your card?

Sent from my PMID705X using Tapatalk 2

DSM4rill

Reaction score
MMS problems (for me)... On latest version. Can't send out or receive any.

edit:fixed with (multiple) wipes and reboot
Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sean9721

Reaction score
Is there a fix for MMS yet? I love everything about this rom, but I need working MMS. I tried toggling mobile networks and wiping data/cache (twice), but none of that worked.

DSM4rill

Reaction score
Is there a fix for MMS yet? I love everything about this rom, but I need working MMS. I tried toggling mobile networks and wiping data/cache (twice), but none of that worked.

Wipe data/cache worked for me on the 6-20 build but on the 6-25 build, I have MMS, incoming call, and 'contacts force closing 'problems...

May have to leave this ROM alone. Shame... everything else is beast mode.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I have the latest stable build install and it's running well but the WIFI won't turn on. When I tap WIFI ON button it tries to enable it for several seconds and then the button toggles itself back to off.

Just had the message app force close and then it went back to the carbon bootanimation...

Briteyez83

Reaction score
I have the latest stable build install and it's running well but the WIFI won't turn on. When I tap WIFI ON button it tries to enable it for several seconds and then the button toggles itself back to off.

Just had the message app force close and then it went back to the carbon bootanimation...

Try opening your terminal, type su then enter, type wifical.sh then enter. Close the session and your wifi should connect. If it doesnt then try unplugging the power wire from the router, wait 10sec, plug it back in then try opening you terminal and try what i just told you again.

Sent with Carbon Strength using Tapatalk 2

spivey76

Reaction score
Here's an interesting issue - using the latest nightly w/ stock messaging app: if a SMS thread is open the new message notification does not play/ vibrate. So if I'm waiting on a reply and set the phone down, the notification will not go off if the screen is still awake. As long as the thread is open new messages in that thread do not trigger notifications. Has anyone else experienced this?

Froyo

Reaction score
Is the 6-26 Nightly the latest build? Or are there newer ones that we can get somewhere other than the link in the original post?

scottay

Reaction score
Is the 6-26 Nightly the latest build? Or are there newer ones that we can get somewhere other than the link in the original post?

I saw that they disabled nightly builds on:

http://dg4prez.no-ip.org:8080/job/carbon_maserati_nightly/

so asked about it on their Facebook page. This was the response:

"Carbonrom: Unfortunately we do not physically have the device or a dev to maintain the device, so we removed it. We'd rather have no nightlies for it then have low-quality nightlies. Hope that makes sense"

Froyo

Reaction score
I saw that they disabled nightly builds on:

http://dg4prez.no-ip.org:8080/job/carbon_maserati_nightly/

so asked about it on their Facebook page. This was the response:

"Carbonrom: Unfortunately we do not physically have the device or a dev to maintain the device, so we removed it. We'd rather have no nightlies for it then have low-quality nightlies. Hope that makes sense"

Hmm...not sure what to infer from that comment either. I can't tell if it means releases will just be less common, or they've given up on it all together.

Either way, kudos for the resonse.