GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Original thread here: [Rom Port] Carbon Droid Razr/maxx Hd - Roms - Droid-Hive

TMC363 has successfully ported Carbon ROM to the HD/Maxx HD! Here is what he has to say about it:

This is a port of Team Carbons Rom for the VZW Razr/Maxx Hd. All credit for the creation of the rom is team carbons which is listed at the bottom of the page.

Thanks
Dhacker for fixing, creating, upating, and correcting and redoing my screw ups and making the changes to cause this beast to work even when his give-a-crap meter was at -60% and much more.

DroidTh3ory for spending 2 straight days setting the stuff up, trouble shooting with me, teaching me github step by step and much more.

WITHOUT THESE 2 GUYS THIS PORT WOULD BE NON-EXISTENT.

Bkjolly for helping with many different things both related to this and android in general.

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

View attachment 62334View attachment 62335View attachment 62336View attachment 62337View attachment 62338

Here are just a few of the features:
  • Android 4.2.2
  • PIE
  • Xposed Framework (May cause stability or performance issues - use at your own risk!)
  • Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
  • Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
  • Option to hide lockscreen hints
  • Carousel lockscreen
  • Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
  • Chronus clock widget
  • Customizable hardware and software keys
  • Transparent navbar and status bar
  • Customizable navbar ring
  • Navbar arrow keys
  • Navigation bar widgets
  • Customizable power menu
  • Notification power widget
  • Notification brightness adjustment
  • Customizable quicksettings panel
  • Statusbar mods including center clock and color
  • LCD Density
  • Theme engine
  • Quiet hours
  • Volume rocker music controls
  • Full Rotation
  • Customizable battery and notification light
  • More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download:
Please go here to download [Rom Port] Carbon Droid Razr/maxx Hd - Roms - Droid-Hive

For the best support please ask questions in the original thread!

Bugs:
Anything that the official carbon/cm roms currently have

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner0

DroidForums is not responsible for what you do with your device

OP
GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The developer wants it to stay on droid-hive. Any mirrors will be taken down.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

clintro

Reaction score
Hinting in the wrong thread...LOL

All hints should be taken up in the Hive!

Scimino

Reaction score
How is this the wrong thread? There are simply no RAZR m Roms. These guys porting the RAZR HD ROMs are capable of porting to razr m. I was only asking these talented devs for a RAZR m port.

Reaction score
It says that Android 4.2.2 is a "feature" of the rom, does that mean that version is required? I have 4.1.2 would mine work with this?

OP
GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The ROM has a boot.img (kernel) in it. That is why it requires an unlocked bootloader, it will change your phone to 4.2.2. Make a backup before flashing to preserve your 4.1.2 kernel for when you revert back.

OP
GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That's pretty normal for a ROM.... It doesnt have gapps included. Lol what were you expecting?

danetbra63

Reaction score
more like around 300... ive been playing around with a bunch of them the last few days..

OP
GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Most, if not all AOSP ROMs will not be over 200mb.

KaChow

Reaction score
This happens to be one of the most interesting ROMs that are currently available to those of us that are Rooted/w an Unlocked Bootloader. What makes it most interesting besides the fact that it is a fully-funcitioning port, this ROM is loaded. One of the attractions here, is it is a lean ROM, there is not a lot garbage or excess Motorola that is holding it down, which the AOSP's tend to be very clean, I tend to believe they run better, but that's just my opinion. There is a feature that this ROM has which is "Carbon", which definetly this is worth looking into. Right now for me I have hidden my Navigation keys, (you know those 3 buttons like, back, home, history) I'm not looking at those anymore. There is also some nice tweak-a-bilities, that you can do to change the status bar around, change colors, different icons, etc., which this ROM seems to have a great many different tweaks, like the Performance Control, so you can increase your cpu. The one thing that I really liked about this ROM, and I'll have pm the Devs on it. I was able to install Google Wallet, except and this is the Dev part of this, this ROM is so lean, there is no NFC. So, I'll look into this. Looks like Google Wallet cannot update, as you'll lose access with updating. There is one other thing that some people may like, in the Settings, you can create Profiles, this would be similar to a manual SmartActions. But, if you are like me and these Smartactions have just grown on you like a necessity, then you can install SmartActions on your device and they will work the same way as they use to. Just download SmartActions here, Dev-Host - SmartActions.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service , then transfer this ZIP file over to the Root of your SD Card. Boot your device into Recovery, (there is no need to wipe or any of that) go into Mount, select "System Only", go to install, find the SmartActions.zip on the root of your sd card and install. Should take a second, and reboot.

clintro

Reaction score
How is this the wrong thread? There are simply no RAZR m Roms. These guys porting the RAZR HD ROMs are capable of porting to razr m. I was only asking these talented devs for a RAZR m port.

I doubt the dev will look in here for your subtle hint. That was all I was saying :)

Scimino

Reaction score
True but it was worth a try. The RAZR HD is a better phone I kinda figured the m would be put on the back burner.