D3 owners, anyway I can grab your blur for my D2G?

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, is it possible to put the blur found on the D3 onto the D2G, or really any other motorola/blur enabled phone? If so id really like to have it on my D2G because its blur is so far beyond atrocious it makes me sick :b

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
I see. So there's no way to rip out the framework and such?

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

Bdog

Reaction score
Isn't accessing the framework a root thing? The D3 isn't rooted yet, but I keep hearing it's getting close. And thank goodness, because I get mine tomorrow!

Last edited:

Venom51

Reaction score
Why would you want it? It sucks.

Its actually very good. Have you used it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Do you think I am on this forum by mistake?

Let see how good it is.

Stock android email application = easy to assign seperate notfication tones for each account. Easy to distinguish between accounts via simple color coding. One click access to the combined Inbox.

Blur = none of the above.

Stock Android App drawer = Nice to use and smooth on this device.

Blur = Crappy knock off of IOS.

Compared to something like Launcher Pro it's the 80 year old geriatric of interfaces. Slow in response and forgets what it's doing on occasion.

Is it better than the crap that came on the D2G? Yep.

Is it better compared to the stock experience on the OG Droid? Not a chance in hell.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Explain to me how blur is a knockoff of iOS. MIUI is the real knockoff, but is done to a point where it beats the original quite badly anyways.

For those of you people running a D2G with cm...Take a looksee at my sig. I think you'll like it.

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Why would you want it? It sucks.

Let see how good it is.

Stock android email application = easy to assign seperate notfication tones for each account. Easy to distinguish between accounts via simple color coding. One click access to the combined Inbox.

Compared to something like Launcher Pro it's the 80 year old geriatric of interfaces. Slow in response and forgets what it's doing on occasion.

Is it better compared to the stock experience on the OG Droid? Not a chance in hell.

Please explain how the new blur app drawer is an ios rip off, when ios doesnt even have an app drawer? And thanks for thinking your opinion is a fact.

And I like how you give 2 reasons why. Even though one isn't even true lol.
I like the new blur more than stock android. Its my favorite android skin as well.

Sue me.

Last edited:

Venom51

Reaction score

Let see how good it is.

Please explain how the new blur app drawer is an ios rip off, when ios doesnt even have an app drawer? And thanks for thinking your opinion is a fact.

And I like how you give 2 reasons why. Even though one isn't even true lol.
I like the new blur more than stock android. Its my favorite android skin as well.

Sue me.

You sure it's just 2. Pick up and iPhone and spend 5 minutes with it than get back to me.

I realize there are only so many ways you can layout icons on a screen but there was nothing wrong with what was already there. The only improvement to the app drawer would be the ability to hide all the ****ware that come preloaded.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Ok, but that's only 1 part similar to iOS...and touchwiz for that. Personally, replicated in adw ex, I find it's quite a useful setup; I have space in my dock to add useful functions. But I fail to see anywhere else it's a crappy knockoff. We're all entitled to opinions on blur.
Try MIUI if you like iPhones so much.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G

darkmatter

Reaction score
The only improvement to the app drawer would be the ability to hide all the ****ware that come preloaded.

This right here tells us how much time you (haven't) spent with the stock moto ui. You can indeed hide apps in the app drawer.

You can uninstall apps from the app drawer as well. I really like the folder system they have for the app drawer. Sure, you can make folders on the home screens, but I find I like folders better for the app drawer. I have a general folder, which I put all apps that I could use (mainly it just hides bloatware like vzw apps), then I have a games one, so I can quickly find games only. I also have an emulator folder, which houses all my console emulators and games.

This new "blur" (I keep forgetting what they're actually calling it now) is superior to any other launcher, imo, in a number of ways. The only thing I'd like is more customization. ie, change from 4x4 icons to 5x5 or whatever, add more home icons (I prefer 5 instead of the 4 that it has). I also miss being able to have custom icons.

I personally have found no lag at all, and in fact, I find it to be faster and smoother than ADW, GO Launcher and Launcher Pro.

darkmatter

Reaction score
The only improvement to the app drawer would be the ability to hide all the ****ware that come preloaded.

This right here tells us how much time you (haven't) spent with the stock moto ui. You can indeed hide apps in the app drawer.

Reading comprehension. Try using some of it.

What is there to comprehend? I really don't see any other way to read that. Either you said it would be an improvement to be able to hide apps or you didn't, but it looks like you did. Please explain to me how I can read this in the way you apparently meant to write it. Because it looks like there is a disconnect between your brain and your fingers...

*edit
Unless you meant delete instead of hide. But you wrote hide, so I'm sure you can excuse my confusion.