D2G recent call list doesn't show date and time

Indyultra

Reaction score
Has anyone figured a fix for this, this is really annoying as all hell. I can't stand looking in the call history and seeing a call was from "6 days ago" and not "Dec 22, 2010 8:45pm"

zero7404

Reaction score
that is how android rolls i think ... making it display the way you mentioned would be a suggestion or feedback to the open handset alliance or motorola/verizon

i too would like to see dates in calendar format rather than hr/day count ...

sent via wireless device

jp8383

Reaction score
My wife has the DROID II Global and very much dislikes this as well. Oddly enough, my DROID X displays the normal date format in recent calls. It doesn't appear that the X allows you to switch back to the "6 hours ago" format. Google is making your decision for you based on phone I guess.

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I've read that there are plenty of 3rd party dialer apps that will do this.

y do we have to settle for a 3rd party app to do this?

posted via android

Because it's functionality that Motorola didn't build into their app. Your choices are get an app that fixes it, or deal with it. I didn't write the code, I'm just telling you the way it is.

zero7404

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I've read that there are plenty of 3rd party dialer apps that will do this.

y do we have to settle for a 3rd party app to do this?

posted via android

Because it's functionality that Motorola didn't build into their app. Your choices are get an app that fixes it, or deal with it. I didn't write the code, I'm just telling you the way it is.

my post was more towards an abstract question ... but anyway ...

don't really care much for getting apps to fix functionality that is core to an OS ... i've put it in as an enhancement with google code.