Recent call details

MattB85

Reaction score
I was pretty much ready to replace my old Motorola W755 flip phone with a Droid Pro yesterday, but one thing annoyed me on the Verizon store's test unit. The recent calls list, rather than displaying the date and time of a call, only gives a vague "yesterday" or "two days" ago for each entry. Long-pressing the call record didn't present any options for more call details. Is there any way to change this? If my old free Motorola flip phone can display exact call times there's no excuse for the supposed Blackberry-killing Droid Pro not to.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was pretty much ready to replace my old Motorola W755 flip phone with a Droid Pro yesterday, but one thing annoyed me on the Verizon store's test unit. The recent calls list, rather than displaying the date and time of a call, only gives a vague "yesterday" or "two days" ago for each entry. Long-pressing the call record didn't present any options for more call details. Is there any way to change this? If my old free Motorola flip phone can display exact call times there's no excuse for the supposed Blackberry-killing Droid Pro not to.

I don't know what's up with the Pro but my Droid 2 displays date and time on the recent call list. Maybe they wanted to dumb it down a bit so ex blackberry users would be more comfortable.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Taco

Reaction score
I don't know what's up with the Pro but my Droid 2 displays date and time on the recent call list. Maybe they wanted to dumb it down a bit so ex blackberry users would be more comfortable.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

LOL imagine that being brought up as a selling point.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

MattB85

Reaction score

Perhaps it's a setting...the Droid Pro and 2 should be running the same software if I understand correctly.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Mine shows # hours ago (to nearest hour). More than adequate for me; phone calls are my least-common use for my Pro.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

kjjb0204

Reaction score
It's a hassle, but if the contact is stored in your phone, you can pull up the contact and swipe right to see call history with that contact. That shows actual call times and durations.

OP
M

MattB85

Reaction score
It's a hassle, but if the contact is stored in your phone, you can pull up the contact and swipe right to see call history with that contact. That shows actual call times and durations.

That works for people on the contact list. What if you miss a call from someone you don't know?

kjjb0204

Reaction score

That works for people on the contact list. What if you miss a call from someone you don't know?

No fix for that unless you add them as a contact. You always try a third party dialer app. I haven't used one, but there are quite a few in the market.

rza49311

Reaction score

maybe you can find a free app somewhere but this one does what you want, however it costs $6.99. :icon_eek:

BizLog Pro Call Logging App - Android app on AppBrain

EDIT: I found some people saying that using the app "superdial" to replace the default phone dialer app altogether works also.

Last edited:

rza49311

Reaction score
Just installed the gingerbread update on my wife's Pro. All the call details are now complete just like you wanted.

mfred

Reaction score
call details info answered

finally someone with a correct, helpful answer

lalala11

Reaction score
Sorry, a bit late to the party, but I have an answer!

Hey, sorry to jump in a bit late on this one. I just got the official GB update and it still does that vague "3 hours ago" thing on the recent calls list, so whoever said GB fixes it, I don't know what you're talking about. It was literally the first thing I checked once I got over "hey, everything's blue."

I got mad at this back in April or so and downloaded just about EVERY call log on the Android Market. For some reason, they all appear to come out of Asia (not that that's a bad thing, but it struck me as weird) and many have bad graphics, harsh coloring, weird functions and layouts, or incorrect spelling. However, I did find one that is pretty good, called Advanced Phone Log by roman10. (https://market.android.com/details?id=roman10reborn.apl.main&feature=search_result) It gives exact date, time, and talk time, it shows name and picture, and you can view by missed/incoming/outgoing, sort by name/date/talk time, and filter (I think that's a search type thing, I never use it). I don't think there are ads, or at least I've never seen one. There's a pro version, too. As a plus, when I first downloaded the app it wasn't showing pictures right, so I emailed the developer and he was really nice and fixed it right away and he wrote back to me several times, which was cool. Only thing weird is it shows the date as yy month dd, but you get used to it.

I was super excited when I found this app, so I hope this helps anyone!

Last edited: