D2G overclocking

Patgt500

Reaction score
Is there any idea when or if we are going to be able to overclock? Obviously SetCPU doesnt work, and jrummy's app doesnt either. and by the way, where is he? ive emailed and still no response back from him. I wonder what change besides the clock bump makes the d2g not work with anything. I am rooted with the latest Fission ROM.

mrtubz69

Reaction score
We can't over clock. Only under due to bootloader being locked down and so no new kernel can be loaded...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
P

Patgt500

Reaction score
but the droid 2 can? hence jrummy's app which can be used on the stock kernel.

mrtubz69

Reaction score
For now that is. Until the bootloader is cracked and a sbf is found we are stuck at a 1.2 ghz

OP
P

Patgt500

Reaction score
So your saying the bootloader for the droid 2 is cracked? I don't think that makes any sense, from what I've heard, it still isn't. Back to the original question, why can d2 phones overclock and d2g not?

mrtubz69

Reaction score
Well the kernel in the d2 is probably the same but they clocked it for 1ghz and u need bootloader to load Roms with new kernels at what not

OP
P

Patgt500

Reaction score
So how does jrummy16's app work? I thought it said it worked on stock kernels?

mrtubz69

Reaction score
The stock kernel will go to 1.2 but moto clocked it at 1

tebower

Reaction score
I think the same answer has been provided in many ways in this thread so far. The stock kernel can not exceed 1.2Ghz. When it's cracked, we all will be the first to know. You won't even need to ask about it, you'll be reading it everywhere.

maddog2014

Reaction score
i have overclocked

I am running fission and stock kernal I used milestone overclock and works fine I am running at 1350 instead of 1200

droiddrums

Reaction score
D2g and Milestone Overclock

Im running Hexen with the Droid 3 theme and "Milestone Overclock" app is made for any omap3 processor and works great on the droid 2 global. Im running 1375mhz smooth as ever , its a great app ! made me love the d2g even more