Incinerated for d2g Fission-theme

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I meant. I mentioned to you in PM that I was able to get the apk for pandora from my phone and then replaced all of the contents in the drawable folder with the contents of your incinerated pandora folder. I was able to push the apk back to my phone and it came out great. (screenshots included) .

I have work again tomorrow but will look into the other apk's when I have time throughout the week.

Oh yeah, and if any d2g users are using or liking this theme then I would highly recommend donating something to YankInDaSouth. Without him this theme wouldn't be available.

View attachment 29824View attachment 29825

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
So I just flash thd icons like the theme. Nice gonna flash right now.

No, you would have to put them on your sd card and then replace the icons for whatever app you wanted. I use adw launcher that lets you long press on an icon and then choose a picture from sd card.

i use LP+ and the only icons i can change are the ones that are on the dock ... when you get time it would be really cool if you could import your icons into the theme itself .. no rush or pressure .. the icons that i was able to change on my dock bar were good enough for me... for now . I am constantly changing my backgrounds and if i find a theme that works with fission i will try it out as well .. but for right now .. im really diggin my incinerated d2g.

You can change the icons with Lpp, at least on the DX, just not in the app drawer. On the home screen do a long press. Choose create short cut. Choose applicationss. Wait for app list. Pick the app you want. You will see a popup and one of the options is change icon. Pick your icon choice from a gallery or filemanager and enter. Tedious but doable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kickyindahead

Reaction score
No, you would have to put them on your sd card and then replace the icons for whatever app you wanted. I use adw launcher that lets you long press on an icon and then choose a picture from sd card.

i use LP+ and the only icons i can change are the ones that are on the dock ... when you get time it would be really cool if you could import your icons into the theme itself .. no rush or pressure .. the icons that i was able to change on my dock bar were good enough for me... for now . I am constantly changing my backgrounds and if i find a theme that works with fission i will try it out as well .. but for right now .. im really diggin my incinerated d2g.

You can change the icons with Lpp, at least on the DX, just not in the app drawer. On the home screen do a long press. Choose create short cut. Choose applicationss. Wait for app list. Pick the app you want. You will see a popup and one of the options is change icon. Pick your icon choice from a gallery or filemanager and enter. Tedious but doable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I tried exactly that .. i was able to change the icon .. but for some reason when i pressed 'ok' it wouldnt switch out of the window... weird.. i dunno.. I tried to change the market icon but the only thing it would let me change it to was the world on fire one ..

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
So to install this all I have to do is wipe cache and choose update.zip? I haven't flashed anything w/o FRM yet.

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
So to install this all I have to do is wipe cache and choose update.zip? I haven't flashed anything w/o FRM yet.

I'm not sure if that is an option but all I did was in clockwork recovery, wipe cache and then went to install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard..and then installed from there. Maybe make a backup first just in case.

MegaThrasher

Reaction score

I'm not sure if that is an option but all I did was in clockwork recovery, wipe cache and then went to install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard..and then installed from there. Maybe make a backup first just in case.

Yeah that's what I meant. I just haven't installed more than 1 theme w/o using FRM.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I installed this but the GB theme conflicts with it so I installed Fission again but its still there. I guess I need to sbf and fresh install or something.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

biknut1

Reaction score
You can change the icons with Lpp, at least on the DX, just not in the app drawer. On the home screen do a long press. Choose create short cut. Choose applications. Wait for app list. Pick the app you want. You will see a popup and one of the options is change icon. Pick your icon choice from a gallery or filemanager and enter. Tedious but doable.

I just made it work with ADW also! First, I had to put a copy of each image into the folder of my pics on the SD card. I started up ADW. Long press on Home Screen, press Shortcuts, press Applications, select app, long press on app on home screen, press edit, press the picture on the edit window, select Select Picture,open photo directory, and select the photo for that app there, and it magically transforms it!!!!

kickyindahead

Reaction score
You can change the icons with Lpp, at least on the DX, just not in the app drawer. On the home screen do a long press. Choose create short cut. Choose applications. Wait for app list. Pick the app you want. You will see a popup and one of the options is change icon. Pick your icon choice from a gallery or filemanager and enter. Tedious but doable.

I just made it work with ADW also! First, I had to put a copy of each image into the folder of my pics on the SD card. I started up ADW. Long press on Home Screen, press Shortcuts, press Applications, select app, long press on app on home screen, press edit, press the picture on the edit window, select Select Picture,open photo directory, and select the photo for that app there, and it magically transforms it!!!!

i used this process with every app that i wanted changed and the only one that wouldnt change was the market icon .. i could get it to change into the browser icon but the flaming icon it would just not let me press ok .. and change ..

biknut1

Reaction score
Mreyn & YankInDaSouth- Working on my icons, getting them all changed over to this Incinerated theme. I wanted to let you both know how much I appreciate your work to make this possible for us D2G owners. I love the fire theme- it really looks cool. Almost like my phone is on fire! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you guys!!!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Glad you like it biknut1! mreyn3693 is really doing all the leg work on getting it to you guys - I am merely here for morale support :D

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I'm glad you like it too, biknut1. I really liked it when I saw it and wanted to use it on my d2g, which is why I pretty much just copied Yank's files into a d2g fission theme. He is responsible for the theme in the first place, which in my mind makes him responsible for it being available for our devices. Most of the work I did was modifying some icons to go with it.

I am working on more and will post in the next day or so hopefully.

Also, here is the .apk for the incinerated pandora. Screenshots for this are a few posts up. I wasn't sure about making it into a zip so sorry for any inconveniences. This was my first time pulling/pushing an apk from/to my device. I tried a few times to push this back to my phone but it wouldn't work. I finally un-installed pandora from my d2g and then tried to push it again and it went no problem.

com.pandora.android-2.apk

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

i just tried this and it did not go well lol, i saw the new theme between pop-ups of things crashing. fortunately i figured out how to get the recovery screen up after a few tries. i did as you said exactly, not sure what you meant " I haven't flashed anything w/o FRM yet." maybe thats where i went wrong lol. any thoughts?

Thanks

OP
mreyn3693

mreyn3693

Reaction score

i just tried this and it did not go well lol, i saw the new theme between pop-ups of things crashing. fortunately i figured out how to get the recovery screen up after a few tries. i did as you said exactly, not sure what you meant " I haven't flashed anything w/o FRM yet." maybe thats where i went wrong lol. any thoughts?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why you had the issues. I am glad that you were able to get into recovery and get your phone back though. I'm sure you probably did it the same way I did but I'll go through the steps just in case you missed something.

1. transfer d2g_incinerated.zip to the root of your SD card. and also transfer the unzipped icons to a folder on your SD card.
2. Boot into clockwork recovery
3. Wipe cache
4. Select 'install zip from SD card> Choose zip from SD card
5. After reboot if all goes well then you can start changing out the icons on your d2g.

Yank mentioned installing this theme over a 'stock' version of the particular ROM that the theme was initially released for. (project elite) I thought about using FRM to go back to the stock version of Fission before installing, but I didn't and it still went fine for me. I'm not sure if that may help in your situation or not. (if you even still want to try it)