D2G New Gingerbread, SBFing etc. Please Help!

sslaterr

Reaction score
Okay so one of my friends the other day showed me her updated D2G with the new Gingerbread and such and have been trying to get that update.

I'm able to download the update but I can't install it for some reason. I'm understanding that I need to 'SBF' my phone to a factory state so I can apply the update? But I'm not really sure how to SBF or install ROMs. I only rooted my phone so I could get tethering and stuff but now I just want the update! Please Help!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

iguanad

Reaction score
You may want to unroot. Id you uninstalled or froze any stock apps you need to restore them. If that doesnt work then sbf is the answer.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
S

sslaterr

Reaction score
I have unrooted. What exactly is SBF and how can I do it?

mr.inter

Reaction score
I think it is safe to avoid SBF if phone has always been on stock ROM, the only thing that needs to be done is to restore all stock applications and unroot.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Much easier to just sbf but instead of wiping data and cache, wipe only the cache. It'll solve most issues immediately.

OP
S

sslaterr

Reaction score
How do I do that though? I'm not an advanced user and have no idea how to do those things

iguanad

Reaction score
If you are not familiar on how to use RSDLite here is a brief overview
Method 1: While phone is on
Switch your device to PC mode
Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start
Device will switch to bootloader and begin the flashing process and will reboot when it is complete.
Method 2: While phone is off
To manually put your device in bootloader mode:
Turn off device
press and hold the up and down volume buttons
power on device (continue to hold the up and down volume buttons)
wala - you are in bootloader mode
Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF
Start
The difference between a full SBF and the system/boot SBF is that the full version
will flash the radio baseband and will require OTA activation afterward,
whereas the system/boot version will not flash the radio and service programming will be preserved.
Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + volume up + volume down.
You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK

Step 2: Plug is your usb cord into the computer you loaded the rsdlite file on

Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator,
to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program). Thanks Firesong3k for reminding me about that.

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots.
Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.

Step 5: Wait for it to get to 100% and reboot your phone to the motorola "M" symbol first
then unplug your device. While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode.
From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

broman77

Reaction score
I need to do the same can anyone help I uprooted my phone and still no update do I have to and and how do I do that when I look for update it daisy phone is up to date but no gingerbread yet

OP
S

sslaterr

Reaction score
Ok I will try that thanks iguanad