D2G boost mobile?

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a d2g unlocked for use on Boost Mobile? I feel stupid for asking but i saw that it cant be on ATT or Tmobile. Didnt see anything about it on Boost.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
well seeing boost does use sprints cdma and iden network it might be possible to flash it over, I've seen cricket flash verizon phones before, so theoretically yes.

ExodusC

Reaction score
I don't know anything relevant about Sprint or Boost, but as far as I know, the Droid 2 Global can be band unlocked to run on AT&T and T-Mobile now.

If I'm not mistaken TeamBlackHat released a .zip to flash the radio to unlock GSM bands in the U.S.

OP
R
Reaction score
The guy at my local Boost Mobile store was saying that he can unlock certain Verizon phones for use on the Boost Mobile network. But, he said that Droid 2 Global could not. I dont believe him. I think its possible. Especially after reading that post mentioned above about the Droid X on Sprint. So, how exactly could this be done?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You need all the programming data from Boost/Sprint (and CDMA Workshop etc to program the phone). And Boost should add your phone's MEID to their lists.

OP
R
Reaction score
You need all the programming data from Boost/Sprint (and CDMA Workshop etc to program the phone). And Boost should add your phone's MEID to their lists.

By that you mean all the programs that boost uses to program verizon phones onto boost? Ive got a like new condition d2g im trying to seel him since hes a good friend but he said no cuz he cant program it onto boost. Now im hearing otherwise lol

silver6054

Reaction score
I don't know anything relevant about Sprint or Boost, but as far as I know, the Droid 2 Global can be band unlocked to run on AT&T and T-Mobile now.

If I'm not mistaken TeamBlackHat released a .zip to flash the radio to unlock GSM bands in the U.S.

Right, but, as you say, that is GSM, and cricket and Boost are CDMA so very different process.

(Also, the TeamBlackHat zip is restricted to the oldest version of the firmware, so not a solution for everyone)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
CDMA Workshop is used by a lot of carriers, and is widely available (pirated) on the net.