D2 turning itself on

caspr

Reaction score
Not a major problem but one that showed up after downloading Gingerbread. When I turn the phone off within about 5 to 10 mins it will turn itself back on. Usually when I turn it off again it will stay off until turned on. After reading some of the other folks problems it seems to be something I can live with.

Jonas

Reaction score
I know that when I am bootlooping, and I do a battery pull, as soon as I put the battery back in, it turns itself on. I think it's something in the scripting of CM7, because I was running CM7 when I had this issue. Maybe try reflashing the ROM, and wiping the delvik cache this time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not a major problem but one that showed up after downloading Gingerbread. When I turn the phone off within about 5 to 10 mins it will turn itself back on. Usually when I turn it off again it will stay off until turned on. After reading some of the other folks problems it seems to be something I can live with.

It would seem that is a sign of the phone rebooting itself. It's not done that while you are actually using the phone? If it continues you may want to consider doing a factory reset. I know a full reset is a pain, but these have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone". Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

Good luck.

OP
caspr

caspr

Reaction score
I know that when I am bootlooping, and I do a battery pull, as soon as I put the battery back in, it turns itself on. I think it's something in the scripting of CM7, because I was running CM7 when I had this issue. Maybe try reflashing the ROM, and wiping the delvik cache this time.

Thanks, I will give this a try.