Droid 2 Turns on by itself

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
Every night when i turn my Droid 2 off, i will find that at some point during the night it has turned itself back on.

This drains my battery un-necessarily.. and can be quite annoying.

Does anyone have a solution for this? And who would be responsible for fixing this? Verizon?

It's very frustrating to have quite an obvious glitch with no indication of an immediate remedy, as i've searched numerous forums and not much other than lots of other people having the same issue.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
BUMP

Can't anyone reply to this?

OhioMade

Reaction score
Every night when i turn my Droid 2 off, i will find that at some point during the night it has turned itself back on.

This drains my battery un-necessarily.. and can be quite annoying.

Does anyone have a solution for this? And who would be responsible for fixing this? Verizon?

It's very frustrating to have quite an obvious glitch with no indication of an immediate remedy, as i've searched numerous forums and not much other than lots of other people having the same issue.

I am having the exact same problem, which seemed to start after the recent os software update. Does anyone have a fix? Thanks.

OP
S

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
BUMP

Can someone please post a solution for this? it continues to happen, somewhat less frequently but also way more annoying since its being ignored.

OP
S

SavijMuhdrox

Reaction score
Bump.

Need solution STILL.

Insidious

Reaction score
Mine does this is as well. The bugs with it are horrible. That's why I ditched it for the Rezound.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I don't think there is a solution
try a battery pull then wipe cache from recovery
might work for a while
I don't leave phone off, if I don't want it to ring I turn off sound or just turn down volume
as far a flying, pull battery or put in airplane mode
motorola will not fix or can't

edit: this have been a problem with many of Motorola android phones

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try quick shutdown app requires root
seemed to work for me, but I don't turn off my phone very often

Garybusy113

Reaction score
I also am having this problem. It is a pain! I'll shut down the phone to conserve battery and when I go to turn the phone back on it will be on and almost dead. :mad: I am running the last stable release of CM7. I have done a hard reset and pulled the battery. OP are you running stock? If not what are you running as your OS?

windavid

Reaction score
Droid 2 turns on by self temp fix

I also am having this problem. It is a pain! I'll shut down the phone to conserve battery and when I go to turn the phone back on it will be on and almost dead. :mad: I am running the last stable release of CM7. I have done a hard reset and pulled the battery. OP are you running stock? If not what are you running as your OS?

A simple work around is 1) turn the phone off normally and then plug in the charger. 2) when it comes back with the battery display in charging mode, unplug the charger and now it will stay off all night. Or, you can simply leave the charger plugged in to charge it and it will not turn back on after the battery display goes off.

I suspect that the problem is something like the sync timer kicking off, but I can't prove it yet. Mine is on CM7 too but it has nothing to do with CM7 because it occurs on several Motorola models not on CM7.