Droid keeps turning itself off

frozenintime

Reaction score
Hi all

Increasingly, my Motorola Droid turns itself off and back on again. It generally happens when I'm NOT using the phone. It's just sitting there - on a table, in my bag, in my pocket - and I hear the "Droid turning itself on" sound out of nowhere.

Sometimes it turns itself off and NOT back on, which I obviously don't realize until I try to use the phone again, which can be incredibly annoying if I'm expecting a call.

I've searched around here and elsewhere and can't find a lot of information on this problem, other than that it might mean I need to replace the whole phone.

My phone is kept pretty lean - I have about 60 apps installed (this number includes all the stock ones), all fairly rudimentary and popular ones. I haven't rooted the thing or really done ANYTHING else unusual to the phone. I'm kind of at a loss - anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a task killer installed? If so, remove it and any apps that you may have recently installed. If this resolves the issue the begin re adding the apps one at a time. You really don't need a task killer the Android OS does a great job of managing applications.

Hope this helps.

Mike

OP
F

frozenintime

Reaction score
hi there

i did have advanced task killer free installed. i'd had it installed since the first week of owning the phone (in january), but hadn't used it in months. i uninstalled just now, thanks for the idea...