CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

keolawills

Reaction score
So iflashed this today and am loving it. One thing, the crt animation. When I first flashed it worked, both on and off animations. After I restored all my stuff, I lost the crt anim. Any ideas?

Yep, you most likely changed your animation and transition speeds with an app like Spare Parts. Set them back to normal, and voila!

dancedroid

That fixed it! Thanks a bunch!

sent from my HeXeNated d2g

dr.hysteria

Reaction score
first off thx the dev guys.
Does anyone running on GSM? It didn't work for me(type *#*#4636#*#* to switch the mobile network then a FC always pop up), is it a rom that just support CDMA because it's ported from CM4D2?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
hmm whenever I go to the goo-inside.me page to download gapps, I always get a 5.3 kilobyte file instead of the full gapps zip. is it not possible to download from the site straight to my phone? I cant do it any other way

keolawills

Reaction score
hmm whenever I go to the goo-inside.me page to download gapps, I always get a 5.3 kilobyte file instead of the full gapps zip. is it not possible to download from the site straight to my phone? I cant do it any other way

I downloaded directly to my phone using dolphin hd.

sent from my cyanogen d2g

L0ckett

Reaction score
I flashed this over to my spare d2g and after some download issues (couldn't get the zip to download fully) and now I see what all the hype is about. Im getting excited to have a fully working release. The one thing I noticed though when I flashed it said it was build 6 yet the zip said build 7 and it didn't have the camera fix. Any input on this?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
it must be how miren browser handles things. its the first time Ive had an issue with downloading something. worked fine on the stock browser, will be flashing over on my lunch break today :D

2mnydgs

Reaction score
I am in heaven with this
Gingerbread....? Pfffffft

Sent from my cm4d2gftfw

Asphyx

Reaction score
Well the D2 version of CM (which the D2G version is based on) has been accepted as an OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED version which is some great news that I'm not sure everyone understand just how great that is for us.

Once a working version for D2G is finished (prob sometime right after the OTA of GB gets released at the latest) We will likely also get that OFFICIAL status and that means updates on a weekly basis if not the somewhat buggy nightlies.

When was the last time a D2G owner had that kind of support?

2mnydgs

Reaction score
When was the last time a D2G owner had that kind of support?

**crickets**

I was so ready to jump ship for a different device just a couple of months ago, not now.
Thanks to all involved for all their hard work. :heart:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have had mine since early december 10' and in the last 30 days more has happened for the D2G then the whole time b4. I used to have the feeling that this was going to be a device that was never going to get attention. Thanks to all involved in this project and in D2G development in general.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I am in heaven with this
Gingerbread....? Pfffffft

Sent from my cm4d2gftfw

Hey man. I know in theme Chooser you can choose from like cyanbread, green and one other. How did you get purple? Other color choices? Basically....can I flash cyanogenmod themes with this cm4d2g

Sent from my DROID2GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

nola

Reaction score
sooooooo i've quickly read over this and read about sensors not working but some fixes and patches that came for various things. question is, are the sensors still not working? thanks to all involved!