CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2 Global [Beta]

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Bikerdude reports he is close to an alpha release with many bug fixes.

Do you know if the op in rootzwikki contains all the bug fixes so far or if there is a link with them.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Asphyx

Reaction score
I don't believe the OP link has all the changes yet.
But my guess is they will change the link if and when a new version is released.

So keep checking there for the latest news and linkage

arturocald

Reaction score
Thank you to every one of you developers trying to making this dream come true =]
I can not wait for the updated version.
Thank you.

Last edited:

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
CM 7 has been VERY stable for me so far. I have most things working except for the couple of sensors and the camcorder from Currentweb's build. I also have been testing a barebones build and results have been promising. With my D2G set up with many widgets and my own themes and a lot of other stuff added on I used to get 16 Mflop/s in linpack. With CM7 I am getting around 19.8, almost 20. That is a big improvement speed wise. The only things that are wrong and should be fixed soon are sensors and camcorder will be working when we get GB. Oh and the battery life sucks unless you use custom governors atm. ( I get around 10 hours battery with moderate usage unless I configure power settings )

arturocald

Reaction score
CM 7 has been VERY stable for me so far. I have most things working except for the couple of sensors and the camcorder from Currentweb's build. I also have been testing a barebones build and results have been promising. With my D2G set up with many widgets and my own themes and a lot of other stuff added on I used to get 16 Mflop/s in linpack. With CM7 I am getting around 19.8, almost 20. That is a big improvement speed wise. The only things that are wrong and should be fixed soon are sensors and camcorder will be working when we get GB. Oh and the battery life sucks unless you use custom governors atm. ( I get around 10 hours battery with moderate usage unless I configure power settings )

having the same problem with battery life.
soon they will fix it though :p i never really used the sensors, and i can deal with the camcorder not working right now. Been very stable, runs fast and smooth.

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
This rom is fast!!! I haven't been on cyanogenmod for about a year since I haven't had my original droid. If you're someone who doesn't use the camera often except for a picture every other day of something random, then I recommend flashing it. Everything else works perfect except the sensors, but I don't use auto brightness or horizontal that much in the first place. Definitely worth the trade off.

pilonull

Reaction score
I have to say I love the attention that the developers are giving in the rootzwiki forums.
However, I feel as though 13thangel should be updating the Original Post with the most current version, as scrolling through several pages to find the latest builds of this rom and gApps is a pain. On the other hand, I am totally impressed by this project... Considering it's made more progress in a shorter time than our awaited GB release.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I feel as though 13thangel should be updating the Original Post with the most current version, as scrolling through several pages to find the latest builds of this rom and gApps is a pain. On the other hand, I am totally impressed by this project... Considering it's made more progress in a shorter time than our awaited GB release.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
First off I want to say thank you to 13th and everyone who has helped make it possible!! I am currently running cm and I love it. Lots of thanks.

Only problem I have is I can't watch videos...this is buggong me. Please help

Sent from my DROID2GLOBAL using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have to say I love the attention that the developers are giving in the rootzwiki forums.
However, I feel as though 13thangel should be updating the Original Post with the most current version, as scrolling through several pages to find the latest builds of this rom and gApps is a pain. On the other hand, I am totally impressed by this project... Considering it's made more progress in a shorter time than our awaited GB release.

Ones that i post i will update (like i did) however ones that others post i wont unless they ask me to.

pilonull

Reaction score

Ones that i post i will update (like i did) however ones that others post i wont unless they ask me to.

Awesome, I see you updated your build with the fixes that were found throughout the thread. That's all I was looking for! Flashing now, thank you kindly sir

keolawills

Reaction score
So iflashed this today and am loving it. One thing, the crt animation. When I first flashed it worked, both on and off animations. After I restored all my stuff, I lost the crt anim. Any ideas? I reflashed cm4d2g again without wiping and still nothing. Its no big deal but I like the effect.

sent from my HeXeNated d2g

Gunslinger

Reaction score
So iflashed this today and am loving it. One thing, the crt animation. When I first flashed it worked, both on and off animations. After I restored all my stuff, I lost the crt anim. Any ideas?

Yep, you most likely changed your animation and transition speeds with an app like Spare Parts. Set them back to normal, and voila!

dancedroid