Cyanogenmod 10.1 problems

Reaction score
After installing cyanogenmod 10.1 it reversed my internal storage with my ext storage so that when I tried to flash the latest nightly build it could not find the backup i had made. Now it wont let me activate my phone because it cant get a vzw signal. I tried to copy the files over to both the ext and internal unsure of which is which but it still wont let me activate my phone. It will let me flash the roms and gapps but i cant get a signal. the storage is all messed up and im wondering if theres a way to just factory reset the storage and start from scratch?

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
I reflashed CyanogenMod 10.1 and it flashed fine but again it wouldn't run through the phone activation. What's weirs is I do have data and everything, just can't call people so im using Google voice. The signal bar shows signal but has an R above bit instead of 4g

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
After installing cyanogenmod 10.1 it reversed my internal storage with my ext storage so that when I tried to flash the latest nightly build it could not find the backup i had made. Now it wont let me activate my phone because it cant get a vzw signal. I tried to copy the files over to both the ext and internal unsure of which is which but it still wont let me activate my phone. It will let me flash the roms and gapps but i cant get a signal. the storage is all messed up and im wondering if theres a way to just factory reset the storage and start from scratch? I reflashed CyanogenMod 10.1 and it flashed fine but again it wouldn't run through the phone activation. What's weirs is I do have data and everything, just can't call people so im using Google voice. The signal bar shows signal but has an R above bit instead of 4g. and the battery has been draining incredibly fast, i think because its constantly searching for a signal

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Dirty shut down... pull the SIM card out and let it sit for about 5 mintutes.... Let it sit and put it back together and see what happens.... Also can you get me a link to what you flashed?

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
when I try to install the gapps 12/12/12 from the external sd card it wouldnt install but when i installed the same file from the internal storage it works???

jiggyb21

Reaction score
That happened to me with SlimBean Beta 1. It took me days to figure out... I had to Odin back to stock 4.0.4 and then reprovision the phone using the dialer than reroot and boot unlock. Tried SlimBean again because I thought it was a fluke. Now on AOKP and pretty happy. I know this is late but I'm curious how you resolved it....

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how I resolved it. Had to Odin back to 4.0.4 like you did, and wipe using dialer. But that wouldn't fix the problem all the way. Continued to get either data or service not both. Probably odin'd to stock about 10 times before I was able to get both. Now I've been running stock 4.0.4 unrooted with launcher 8. I'm afraid tobroot and flash because I fear ill lose data and everything again.

jiggyb21

Reaction score
Well I tried several times to get SlimBean on my phone to no avail. Each time a reprovisioning worked quickly to restore network signal. I think I always kept data no voice. Always stuck in roaming. I had to save a full back up somewhere other than the internal memory and was able to restore my apps and settings. Reprovisioning was *2767*3855# the dialer. Different from the factory reset.

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
It's still not working, I tried flashing cyanogen 10.1 again, and again it flashed fine but I was stuck with roaming. It also deleted the backup I had made so now I'm going to have to odin back to stock. Hopefully I will have service and everything working, if not I don't know what to do. Should I odin back to stock and take it into verizon and ask for a replacement?