Cyanogen Working on CM9 for Ice Cream Sandwich - Due out Sometime in January of 2012!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cyanogenmod9-twitter-post-forjanuary.JPG

The CyanogenMod team recently tweeted that they are hard at work on CyanogenMod 9 for Ice Cream Sandwich. According to Cyanogen's Twitter post, he expects it will be ready sometime in January of next year. As we reported previously, from the look of things, CM8 for Honeycomb will likely just get skipped in favor of the new ICS tastiness.

Source: @Cyanogen - Twitter

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Awesome... Can't wait to rock cm9 in me x...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do we know what phones will support it?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they said no on the OG. They said devices with more than 256mb of ram and "good" processors, whatever than means.

mrmark27

Reaction score
nice. my first experience with CM was their recent release for the touchpad and gotta say, im impressed by it. hopefully their ICS release will also be touchpad friendly.

empoweredh22

Reaction score
I was going to ask what happened to CM8 but the OP took care of that. lol kinda took the fun out of the post.

Anyways...I'm pumped for this. If my g-nex is ever actually released to me I'm sure I'll be giving it some cm love for those little features and tweaks that Google just won't include.

creaky

Reaction score
Oh, oh, oh, yes! Can't wait to get this on a G Nex. Kudos to the CM team!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Awesome... Can't wait to rock cm9 in me x...

Reading over at rootzwiki, the DX may not be getting ICS. Moto will most likely not put ICS on the DX and therefore the kernel won't get updated. The few devs left for the DX are saying that the kernel isn't going to work with ICS and therefore we may not get ICS on the DX. I'm bummed too as I've been drooling over ICS. Thankfully though, my upgrade is available in March and I hope the Nexus is still a relevant phone at that time too.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Reading over at rootzwiki, the DX may not be getting ICS. Moto will most likely not put ICS on the DX and therefore the kernel won't get updated. The few devs left for the DX are saying that the kernel isn't going to work with ICS and therefore we may not get ICS on the DX. I'm bummed too as I've been drooling over ICS. Thankfully though, my upgrade is available in March and I hope the Nexus is still a relevant phone at that time too.

Ah man... I was wondering about that... I figured there wouldn't be an official kernel... But didn't know if the kernel would be a problem...

Thanks for info... My upgrade isn't till... Next November... I believe