Cute Kid Commercial Still Doesn't Make the Amazon Kindle Fire Phone Any More Appealing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

July 25th is the official date that Amazon begins shipping their Kindle Fire Phone. Ahead of that launch they have shared their first commercial. It's a cute kid's commercial, and although those typically hit many of the right buttons to lure consumers, this one doesn't really reveal any of the gimmicky features of the device.

It primarily focuses on the fact that a one-year Amazon Prime account (and all associated content) comes free with the device. Between the cute kids and the mildly tantalizing Amazon Prime offer, it's still not that appealing. It comes with zero Android/Google services, and it is an AT&T exclusive.

Amazon had a sure-fire hit with their Kindle Fire tablets, but this smartphone leaves us severely skeptical.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I saw that commercial yesterday and hated it. Turned two kids into a couple of....well....not the best image to go for IMO. They can say all they want, the phone is limited and the only thing they have going for them is a free year of prime.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thought the commercial was cute, but I don't see it helping them to move this device.
I do however think it was great that Amazon took a chance and tried to offer something a little different.

tap'n on my S5

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I guess that is why they raised the Prime membership, to make up for the huge loses this device will incur.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The price was raised long before the phone was released. Perhaps they were covering their butts just in case. LOL

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I guess that is why they raised the Prime membership, to make up for the huge loses this device will incur.
The price was raised, supposedly, to offset the cost of shipping and make up for the bigger piece of the Benjamins pie that Hollyweird wants for videos and music. The fact that a prime shipped item is always more expensive than a non prime one and the .30 raise in song prices we weren't supposed to notice ;). I've never paid for a video rental so I don't know if they went up also.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk