Cut and paste (help) horrible

Reaction score
Ok it took me 10 minutes to cut and paste something I was working in TouchDown and trying to cut an address then paste it into a new email?

For one with the keyboard closed I didnt find a way to do it nad with the keyboard open it took forever. I tried to position the cursor (took a long while) then when I did it wouldnt highlight the area of the email I needed it to. it kept pasting to the clipboard only a portion of the address I needed.

What is the correct, easiest and most effective way to cut and paste?
Sorry to sound so stupid/silly but it was a real chore and not sure why.

thank you

nate94gt

Reaction score
The copy/paste is terrible. maybe they'll change it as we go along, hopefully.
Lucky for me, theres not much i really have to use it for.

OP
S
Reaction score
I thought it was me :( Any tips or tricks people use to make it better?

thank you!

Zozz

Reaction score
No excuse for cut and paste, awful way to work out a cut and paste. As long as it took apple to do it, they did it right.

I would love a clipboard option.

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you're in a field, you can use you finger to highlight all or part of the field and then press down on the screen to bring up a menu that will allow you to copy/cut-paste.

if you're in the browser or an email, you can hold down the shift key and just run your finger over the text you want to copy and it automatically copies the text.

if you have the keyboard open, you can use menu+c, menu+x and menu+v to copy/cut/paste.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMHO copy & paste in email simply isn't a viable feature. I don't use it so it doesn't affect me but they sure screwed the pooch on that one.

OP
S
Reaction score
if you're in a field, you can use you finger to highlight all or part of the field and then press down on the screen to bring up a menu that will allow you to copy/cut-paste.

if you're in the browser or an email, you can hold down the shift key and just run your finger over the text you want to copy and it automatically copies the text.

if you have the keyboard open, you can use menu+c, menu+x and menu+v to copy/cut/paste.

thanks but this is simply a mess.

When I use the shift key it doesnt highlight the entire sentence or paragrapgh part get highlighted then it stops at a certain point. I try again to do sentence by sentence somtimes it works on a small amount of text but its like 90 - 10 that it wont work :(

in an email (at least with Touchdown) it doesnt put you in a field even if you are forwarding it just says quoted text attach so its very hard to manipulate.

thanks for trying to help but its not an easy task. I see it being a little easier from an actual text field.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No excuse for cut and paste, awful way to work out a cut and paste. As long as it took apple to do it, they did it right.

I would love a clipboard option.

exactly... look HOW long it took apple to get it right

Jer

Reaction score
Ctrl C, Ctrl V... how hard is it? There's even a blank space on the physical keyboard perfect for a Ctrl key. Why do so many phone manufacturers try to re invent the wheel?

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ctrl C, Ctrl V... how hard is it? There's even a blank space on the physical keyboard perfect for a Ctrl key. Why do so many phone manufacturers try to re invent the wheel?
menu-c, menu-v does the same thing. how hard is that for you to understand? i don't think anyone is arguing about using the shortcuts, it's how you select the text that's the issue.

lquiduser

Reaction score
ctrl key

menu-c, menu-v does the same thing. how hard is that for you to understand? i don't think anyone is arguing about using the shortcuts, it's how you select the text that's the issue.

I am astounded that there is no CTRL key. in the open source world this may be one of the most useful keys possible. how could they leave it out. it does ALOT more than copy and paste.

Mojo

Reaction score
I agree that copy and paste is not one of the Droids high points. At least it does do it, but I hope that it gets revamped for a easier method