Customizable news feed apps

Mike Bellanger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola XT897
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good news app with multiple sources and a customizable feed. Back before I went Google native, I had a yahoo account that would let you type in search topics and it would update your news feed with articles based off of your search. Basically, if I was really interested in Gerard Butler, I could type his name into a search, choose to follow that search for news topics only and choose what sources to update from. Then, whenever I'd go on my yahoo, all I'd see is news articles about Gerard Butler from my favorite sources. Gerard Butler aside, I'm looking for an app that can do this. If you know of one, please let me know. Thanks:)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
GReader Pro...can't say enough about it. It syncs with your Feedly account, and also has widgets that will display a group (i.e. create a SPORTS group in Feedly and then add as many feeds as you like to that group).

The best feature is it will update at intervals you specify and store for offline reading! The widget is scrollable. Just an awesome app.

Newstand(?) - formerly Google Currents - also has a lot of newspapers and magazines that will save for offline reading. For some reason there's no widget, but the app itself is top-notch. It even works with your subscription accounts (like WSJ).

wongal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S3
GReader sounds good. Is it free?

I use NewsLoop. It has many different news sources & able to customize your feed by adding categories you're interested in. Can sync across different devices too.

Jon Hallur

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good news app with multiple sources and a customizable feed. Back before I went Google native, I had a yahoo account that would let you type in search topics and it would update your news feed with articles based off of your search. Basically, if I was really interested in Gerard Butler, I could type his name into a search, choose to follow that search for news topics only and choose what sources to update from. Then, whenever I'd go on my yahoo, all I'd see is news articles about Gerard Butler from my favorite sources. Gerard Butler aside, I'm looking for an app that can do this. If you know of one, please let me know. Thanks:)
I would try the collections off mobogenie, they're constantly updated and you get clausters of content related to your search. It's completely free. They have screensavers and wall papers that would even mod your icons.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I prefer scrollable news widget. Best widget that I've tried since death of Google Reader.