custom gmail notification

djspy

Reaction score
On my DROID 1 I created two folders on my SD Card "Alarms" and "Notifications" I would just move the audio I wanted to use on either folder and that would be it. The audio files would now appear on my choices for setting my desired notification or alarm sound. I tried doing the same with my RAZR and it doesn't work. I created a folder called Alarms because I wanted to use a specific song to go off when the alarm went off but the song doesn't appear on the list. I found a work around by first setting the desired song as my default ringtone then choose it for the alarm ringtone. I wanted to use the "you've got mail" from AOL as my email ringtone so I created a folder called notifications and dropped the sample there. I then went to Gmail/settings ringtone but the you've got mail sample wasn't there. Only the default choices were listed. How can I set up the you've got mail sample as my Gmail ringtone? I hope I don't have to root my phone. Thanks.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
Yes and it didn't work. But I did more digging around with My Files app and in the phone storage there's a folder called media. Inside there there's audio>notifications. I dropped the sound there and it worked. I now have You've Got Mail as my Gmail notification.