Currently have Eris , thinking of getting Palm Pre Plus

diginet

Reaction score
I had the Motorola Droid and swapped it out for the Eris before my 30 day was up. The reason for the switch was the Eris had better Exchange support which I need.

I do like the Eris, but unfortunately it is slow. It often can not keep up with me and I end up dialing the wrong contact or replying to the wrong email.

I was wondering if anyone came from Palm Pre (i guess sprint) and can tell me if its any faster than the Eris?

I know the nexus one will be out in spring for Verizon but currently it doesn't have Exchange calendar sync and if it does come out with it I'll get that when it does.

Basically I need a phone in the interim.

Thanks for any advice.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
palm pre plus will be much faster than HTC Eris... better processor (same as droid's)... 512 ram... less bloated OS...

OP
D

diginet

Reaction score
I hear that the Palm Pre (at least on the sprint side) that the calendar app is laggy. I haven't check this myself though.

zero7starz

Reaction score
The Palm Pre Plus should ideally work much better for you- its designed to do those kinds of functions. I'm sure that if you bogged down its internal storage/memory that your phone would start to lag, as would most any phone. The only thing I caution is that its not going to be able to do the multitude of functions that the Eris will, being a Droid and all. Plus, the keyboard on the Palm leaves something larger desired. I do love it though, its a brilliant design :)

brianr0131

Reaction score
Pre is a lot faster than the Eris. Pre plus will be even faster yet.

Never heard once about Eris having better Exchange support than Droid?????????

OP
D

diginet

Reaction score
Pre is a lot faster than the Eris. Pre plus will be even faster yet.

Never heard once about Eris having better Exchange support than Droid?????????

Here's just a few of the Droid Exchange issues, that can be done easily using HTC Eris which is why I'm currently using HTC Eris:

1. slow to calendar sync with exchange
2. can't download html attachment from email
3. can't accept meeting request directly from email
4. can't open .vcf attachment to import to exchange calendar
5. no signature support in exchange
6. can't sort email in exchange
7. can't search for email in exchange
8. can't display long notes field in a contact (it cuts it off and only way to see it would be click on edit).

etc...

baby carmie

Reaction score
I had the Motorola Droid and swapped it out for the Eris before my 30 day was up. The reason for the switch was the Eris had better Exchange support which I need.

I do like the Eris, but unfortunately it is slow. It often can not keep up with me and I end up dialing the wrong contact or replying to the wrong email.

I was wondering if anyone came from Palm Pre (i guess sprint) and can tell me if its any faster than the Eris?

I know the nexus one will be out in spring for Verizon but currently it doesn't have Exchange calendar sync and if it does come out with it I'll get that when it does.

Basically I need a phone in the interim.

Thanks for any advice.

Go ahead and keep the eris.
I got the palm pre last friday so i've had it for a week.

The app selection is very limited and overall...The Eris is more customizeable and it's OS and Company(Google & HTC) are making strong moves and upgrading something on the phone all the time.

I have the eris as well(i switched back from the pre and will be taking the pre back monday) because to be honest, they perform the same in my honest opinion.

The keyboard is small but few ppl give it a chance. I was able to master it in less than a day and i thought it was going to be troublesome and it was the opposite.

The quality of the Eris is more solid and the pre feels cheap.

I think the eris will suit you better

OP
D

diginet

Reaction score
Go ahead and keep the eris.
I got the palm pre last friday so i've had it for a week.

The app selection is very limited and overall...The Eris is more customizeable and it's OS and Company(Google & HTC) are making strong moves and upgrading something on the phone all the time.

I have the eris as well(i switched back from the pre and will be taking the pre back monday) because to be honest, they perform the same in my honest opinion.

The keyboard is small but few ppl give it a chance. I was able to master it in less than a day and i thought it was going to be troublesome and it was the opposite.

The quality of the Eris is more solid and the pre feels cheap.

I think the eris will suit you better

I went to the verizon store and played around with the palm pre plus and it also lags. It maybe a bit quicker than the Eris but not by much.

I did what I can to make the Eris faster, I disabled the home sense ui and it's a bit quicker now. I uninstall all the apps I don't use...I have like 5 icons on my main screen.

I wish there would be a nice fast phone with sense ui, like the htc bravo for verizon. I really like sense ui.