Create a Nandroid full backup for Droid X2

adrock0211

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to create a FULL (i.e. Nandroid) backup of the X2 yet? All of the other methods like ROM Manager's ClockWorkMod Recovery and also the Droid X Bootstrapping method do not work on the X2...just the original Droid X.

I am wanting to start doing some more serious mod's to my X2 like flashing custom ROM's and over clocking the CPU but I am not prepared to do that without first being able to create a FULL system backup to flash back to later in the event that something doesn't go as planned.

Thanks in advance!

yutzybrian

Reaction score
Not possible yet. We dont have any access to the bootloader yet

Posting from the X2

OP
A

adrock0211

Reaction score
Thanks Yutzybrian.

Any other alternatives that would assure a "safe" full backup in the event that something doesn't go as planned? I am pretty tech savvy and don't anticipate any issues but I also subscribe to the "better safe than sorry" motto.

Thanks again.

Cilraaz

Reaction score
There's no SBF. There's no bootstrap. To my knowledge, there are no ROMs (because of the first two). At this point, if you screw something up too badly, there's no way back.

Soocold

Reaction score
Supposedly a dev is working on one now, moto may be unlocking the boot loader with the update too, who knows

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

rottenpixies

Reaction score
There is a x2 sbf, I have personally used it already.
You are correct. A quick google search found this. Looks like someone leaked the SBF. Now I just hope someone starts doing some work on this phone!

[SBF] MB870 Verizon Droid X2 - xda-developers

Amen!

First person with a custom rom for the X2 is getting $20 donated from me. Also first person to put out a GB leak will get the same.

You heard me developer! Get to work!! dancedroiddancedroid

MattHenson20

Reaction score
There is a x2 sbf, I have personally used it already.
You are correct. A quick google search found this. Looks like someone leaked the SBF. Now I just hope someone starts doing some work on this phone!

[SBF] MB870 Verizon Droid X2 - xda-developers

Amen!

First person with a custom rom for the X2 is getting $20 donated from me. Also first person to put out a GB leak will get the same.

You heard me developer! Get to work!! dancedroiddancedroid
+1, we got the SBF file, someone make us proud!

Esper

Reaction score
Please ..... maybe CM7 for X2..... Please! !!!!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums App