Cracked my screen in under a month...

MoofuJJ

Reaction score
I feel so stupid. This was the first smartphone ive ever had, got it about a month ago and have been loving it ever since. Today it was resting on a chair when it fell off face first and cracked. I feel so bad. I can still use the phone just fine, but the cracks are all over the front. What are my options for getting it repaired? How long would an official repair take to do/how much would it cost?

vannDROID

Reaction score
Sounds like you did'nt buy insurance for the device. Otherwise, its as easy as going back to the verizon store and replacing it. Now you are looking at roughly $300 plus for just screen repair.

Liquid Fusion

Reaction score
I was just @ Verizon store and asked do they replace "cracked screens?" - VZ said they only exchange manufacturing defects. If a screen cracks, I'd have to do the insurance exchange (which involves a deductible payment). How do you get VZ to exchange it? Possibly screens can crack on their own? Then that'd be a manufacturing defect! Getting Vz to act on your behalf is the hardest part.

Right now, I have my Droid DNA in a Diztronic case (ebay search) that fits inside a leather pouch (ebay search). Slightly a pain to access; however, after what I read here - good protection against a scarry and potentially disastrous fall. With the Diztronic case, I can use the Nokia 900DT Wireless Charger (ebay search - almost 1/2 the 50.00 VZ charged me) with no problem.

Any falls off the desk - the DNA glass has a chance to survive intact. What a bummer DNA Shattered glass vs ironclad original Droid!!!!

Last edited: