cracked galaxy nexus

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
So i dropped my nexus today. The phone became cracked. Now i gota get a replacement. So ima have to root a new nexus Once i get it. The first time rooting the nexus was such a hassle. Is there any easier way to root a nexus now? If not can someone point me to a root thread of the nexus. So once i get a replacement i can get to rooting id highly appreciate it. thanks for any help guys

Scimino

Reaction score
Once you get your replacement try out wug tool kit for nexus. It is what I use when I don't want to use android SDK. Once you get the drivers working good you shouldn't have issues.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Scimino said:
Once you get your replacement try out wug tool kit for nexus. It is what I use when I don't want to use android SDK. Once you get the drivers working good you shouldn't have issues.

Can you point me to that direction i cant find it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There isn't any one click roots?

By that do you mean like a one-click app that you would use from the phone? If that is what you mean, then no. But Wug's kit is a very easy to use utility for all your rooting needs.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
By that do you mean like a one-click app that you would use from the phone? If that is what you mean, then no. But Wug's kit is a very easy to use utility for all your rooting needs.

Ok im hoping the replacement nexus i get don't be on a new firmware or something to where i can't root it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ok im hoping the replacement nexus i get don't be on a new firmware or something to where i can't root it

It's a Nexus so they tend to be rooted quickly, if not instantly. And wug keeps his tool updated so I would not worry too much about it.

OP
Droid annoymous

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
It's a Nexus so they tend to be rooted quickly, if not instantly. And wug keeps his tool updated so I would not worry too much about it.

Ok thanks alot man i appreciate it