CPU SPY - Deep Sleep - Note 2 is not sleeping

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
As the title says, my phone will not deep sleep.. i was rooted and did have the bootloader unlocked but I reversed that.. so now my bootloader is locked and I am not rooted.. anyone else having deep sleep issues.. i noticed my battery life degrading..

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
interesting, i just checked for an update and got one from verizon.

lets see if that makes a dif.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you want deep sleep I have a few suggestions. There is an app on the store called Auto Airplane Mode (by DON) that will cut the WiFi when your phone goes to sleep so if you're keeping it on all the time otherwise that will work.

Most of the time the lack of deep sleep is caused by things like mail widgets and whether widgets trying to update when the system is sleeping. Some people want that to happen, and some people don't. You can always manually set airplane mode and that should quiet things down.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
What's the update?, only had my note for a week

well i went from rooted to stock.. this was a security update.. but i do seem to be deep sleeping now... pre update.. intermittent deep sleep but now its more consistent.. will keep an eye on it..

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my issue seems to have been correted post security update.. happy, happy, happy indeed.. i reset counters and cpu spy. deep sleep now showing on the graphs.. whoohoo... can see the improvement in battery life as well..

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Well it happened again.. No deep sleep.. whats up with this phone.. i have gsam as well. no apps showing wakelock.. the only thing i can do to get deep sleep working it a reboot.