CPU how cold can it get??

Vandy343

Reaction score
So here in wisconsin yesterday it was about 10 below 0. I decided to suck it up and went bow hunting, after my fridged walk out of the woods. I relized my phone was still in my pocket, I pulled it out and setcpu read 5 degrees above zero. Still ran like a champ, ny question how cold can this beast get?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the colder the better we have built computer rigs that cool the CPU using liquid nitrogen so 5 degrees is nothing.

what you do need to be careful with is the condensation from a device that cold going into a warmer area can/will cause condensation to appear on both the main board and possibly under the screen.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try leaving it in the snow for couple hours =P

nah just kidding, but your phone is fine in the snow in your pocket. Just make sure to avoid getting any moisture inside the device.

Reaction score
the colder the better we have built computer rigs that cool the CPU using liquid nitrogen so 5 degrees is nothing.

what you do need to be careful with is the condensation from a device that cold going into a warmer area can/will cause condensation to appear on both the main board and possibly under the screen.
Exactly, I've built some pretty cold rigs myself.

Detonation

Reaction score
The colder the CPU the better. What you should be more concerned about is the touchscreen/glass, which can become brittle and crack very easily in extreme cold.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The danger isn't with the temp of the CPU (as others have said, the colder the better) it's in the display. LCDs (including all of their new offshoots) WILL freeze and can crack. Granted they have a LOT more tolerance than older counterparts but they are still susceptible.

Dam, Detonation^ beet me to it, lol.

Washington

Reaction score
Hello guys....!
Thank you for you generosity! At this forum, you share us so important message.I like this kind of post which tell us much important massage.thank you again.my lead system pro

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and batteries generally don't do well with cold.