Cpu heat problem

[ L ]

Reaction score
Hi. I am running 1.1.1 with the avalon theme and the cvpcs LV 1 GHz kernel, and have noticed that my phone heats up pretty fast. I have it running at 600 MHz max,125 minimum, and my phone almost immediately heats up to 113F, and when I have it set to 1GHz, it heats up immediately to 128, 130F! This is starting to become a problem as my phone can run up to 1.4 G for up to 15 minutes stably and with little heat before it bootloops, but when I install slayers, chevys, or any other kernels, they heat up pretty quickly. I can't seem to find a nice, stable kernel with CPU temp monitoring that I can run fast with little heat problems, but if you have suggestions, please post below (note: chevy kernels cause my phone to bootloop at 1 GHz)!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
[ L ]

[ L ]

Reaction score
Already tried those a couple hours ago, they made the battery sign go red in avalon and it said connect your charger. I guess I could try MIUI... sigh... This is a beautiful rom...I'm gonna miss it...

But before I go, anyone got any other ideas?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make a backup of the one you're on now. If MIUI is no better, you can always go back.
Lets do some troubleshooting though, you game?

Already tried those a couple hours ago, they made the battery sign go red in avalon and it said connect your charger. I guess I could try MIUI... sigh... This is a beautiful rom...I'm gonna miss it...

But before I go, anyone got any other ideas?

DroidForums junkie!!

Skull One

Reaction score
I'll save you a lot of time and trouble. If you aren't using the Performance or Interactive Governor, your Droid probably has an issue with the Low Voltage. Which isn't a ROM or Kernel issue. But for fun, here are the steps to help you trouble shoot. If you are using the Performance or Interactive Governor STOP using them and run the scenario anyways to be sure you know what your phone is capable of.

First thing you should try is a Standard Voltage ROM. I suggest you try a 800Mhz top end for starters. And for grins and giggles, set its range in SetCPU from 400Mhz to 600Mhz using OnDemand with Advanced set to 65000, 65, 0, 0. This will isolate a few things for you. Next load up Angry Birds. Play it for five minutes straight. And I mean actual constant use. When five minutes is up, switch to SetCPU. Check the following: Battery Temp, CPU Temp and Load Average. Note all the numbers. Now keep the screen alive and watch all those numbers. They should change for the better. Now if everything isn't stable in less than 3 minutes, that means you have a secondary issue. A misbehaving application. I would suggest using System Panel or OS Monitor to find it.

Once you have confirmed that the Standard Voltage Kernel works properly, switch to the Low Voltage 800 Mhz Kernel and run the same exact test. And here is the key, make sure you use the same settings as above. If you find that is works all of the sudden, then you drop the low frequency to 125Mhz instead of 400Mhz. Run the same test again. If you see the CPU temp climb while it is resting, your issue truly is Low Voltage. Stick with Standard and smile that your phone still works properly.

BTW the link in my Signature has about 100+ hours of research behind it. You might want to give it a read if you want the full story on what is going on.