Cox email how to receive.

armalite

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone could point to a link for this problem, Cox can't help and said I need to talk to either Verizon or the Mfg of the phone. Thanks

DISREGARD FIGURED IT OUT

Last edited:

Chris_B

Reaction score
Help those of us trying to figure it out? Is it the port #?

OP
A

armalite

Reaction score
No, I unchecked the server login box or whatever it was called and it works. I know there is one for both POP and SMTP and I was able to send email with it checked but not receive it.

hebertm1

Reaction score
The Droid 1 would automatically configure the email settings for you. I had to manually do it on this Droid X.
pop.east.cox.net
smtp.east.cox.net

NRHarris

Reaction score
Cox email fix for Droid 2

I've had similar frustrating experiences setting my Droid 2 up to receive email from my Cox webmail server. Alas, I found this page on the Motorola site (my Droid 2 is made by Motorola), which explains how to fix this problem. (I followed the optional instructions of leaving of "cox.net" from my user name). This worked well for me... now the cox email account works perfectly on my Motorola Droid 2.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/an​swers/detail/a_id/51601/~/droid-2---cox.net-email...

upsjopop

Reaction score
Cox email

Just as an aside-Cox email has always been weird on both my home PC (Mac) and my smart phones. At least twice a month it will start asking for my password, this out of the blue having made no changes. Will also stop checking for incoming email. I have had to delete and reinstall it to get it working a number of times.