Couple questions about brand-new droid

tahoeboarder

Reaction score
If you press down on the volume rocker you will eventually hit the vibrate-only mode. I know it's not like the BB's profile, but it's what I do when I want my Droid to vibrate.

Yes but that puts the droid into silent mode (same as going into settings and checking silent mode), so it won't vibrate unless someone is calling you. I'm pretty sure that texts or emails won't vibrate.

I just tried what TomN suggested and it seems to be doing what I was looking for. I kept hitting volume|down until I reached Vibrate mode and at that point phone was in vibrate-only mode. I tested it for the incoming calls & text messages (handcent) and it worked. It's not a one-touch solution but I can live with it.

Lucasd2002

Reaction score
Any update on this? I'm coming from a blackberry and want a simple way to switch all notifications (all emails, texts, calls) to vibrate only.

awwpickle

Reaction score
I have mine on vibrate. All I did was go to settings then sound. Then under general settings it will say vibrate. Click on that and make sure it is on -only in silent mode. Then you can either check the silent button, or when you hold down the power button to turn off your phone you can chose to turn on or off silent mode.

Any update on this? I'm coming from a blackberry and want a simple way to switch all notifications (all emails, texts, calls) to vibrate only.

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

Lucasd2002

Reaction score
I have mine on vibrate. All I did was go to settings then sound. Then under general settings it will say vibrate. Click on that and make sure it is on -only in silent mode. Then you can either check the silent button, or when you hold down the power button to turn off your phone you can chose to turn on or off silent mode.

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

That works for phone calls, but my phone is silent (with no vibrate either) for texts and emails.

harrellj

Reaction score
In the notification settings for you email/text apps, do you have it set to vibrate?

Crf450r420

Reaction score
SwitchPro Widget - $1.99 (I think) - Several one touch options including vibrate/silent/normal button. Great app.