couple of ?'s

mbmast

Reaction score
Is there an app for folders? I would like to put my email accounts, games, etc all in one accessable folder rather then having to search through all my apps. Is that a possibility?

Can you record a voice, such as my children, and then make it a ringtone?

My battery only lasts about 8 hrs is that normal?

I have seen where you can purchase an extra battery & battery charger. Are these really worth the money?

I have also been checking out skins. I like them, however, are they really practical? I tried a case and didn't like it. It was to bulky to put in my back pocket. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

Beth

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Long press anywhere on your homescreen and you will see a folder option. As far as skins go, I have the PhantomSkinz black carbon fiber. It looks real nice and protects against some scratches. Not much protection though. They are 50% off until tomorrow. PM me and I'll give you the coupon code.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Is there an app for folders? I would like to put my email accounts, games, etc all in one accessable folder rather then having to search through all my apps. Is that a possibility?

Yes but I don't use them, mostly out of habit, on my OG droid they really slowed things down. You don't need an app, just long press a home screen and choose folder. Then drag things from your home screen into the folder. I don't think you can long press inside of a folder I think you can only drop and drag from outside of the folder.

Can you record a voice, such as my children, and then make it a ringtone?

Yes an app called 'voice recorder' allows you to make a recording a ringtone.

My battery only lasts about 8 hrs is that normal?

Depends on how much you use it, I get 10 hrs with 20-40% left over. It should get better with time.

I have seen where you can purchase an extra battery & battery charger. Are these really worth the money?

Yes, yes and of course yes. Try 'Amazon dot comb' battery and charger combos are fairly cheap $30 total.

I have also been checking out skins. I like them, however, are they really practical? I tried a case and didn't like it. It was to bulky to put in my back pocket. Any suggestions?

Siedio cases are form fitting smooth and have belt clips. The Verizon case has a kick stand that works very well in portrait.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

OP
M

mbmast

Reaction score
Thank you!

Files - can you change the file thumbnail picture? I did figure out how to change the name of the file.

Voice Recorder - will check that out as well

Battery - will definately get a back up

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it!