Couple of questions about busybox

tktouch12

Reaction score
1) how do I know if I have it installed?
2) what exactly does it do?/ why do I need it?
3) if I don't have it installed, how can I do that onto my rooted 2.0.1 droid If I have sprecovery installed? Busybox won't do anythig to sprecovery will it? (idk why it would, but most things I've read install busybox first so just checking)

thanks

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
sorry, but no help? i know these are simple questions, but i need busybox before i can use metamorph.
im mostly wondering about #3. i'm pretty positive i dont have it

dtartini

Reaction score
1) how do I know if I have it installed?

Hey did you ever figure this out? Im not sure if i installed it correctly becuase I still cant get metamorph to work.

Edit: K I did have it installed, finally got a theme to work..thanks guys

Last edited:

bastosero

Reaction score
EDIT: if you have busybox installed look in /system/xbin/ if you have busybox it will be in your /system/xbin/busybox

Bastosero were you able to get Busybox installed?

-=Jason=-

I think so. After I clicked the "Mount System read/write" and then "Install busybox" buttons, it gave me this pop up box...

"Busybox installed to /system/bin and symlinked you may now just use the cp to copy items instead of busybox cp..."

I'm asumming that's all I needed to do to install it, right? Then, I went ahead and installed Metamorph from the app market. Metamorph didn't give me any problems since you needed busybox to use it with, so I think I got busybox to install. Did I have to do anything else after that pop up came up on installing busybox? Also, do I just leave it at when I clicked the "Mount System read/write"?