Corrupted OTA Update

DaveBerkebile

Reaction score
I have A Motorola Razr HD. On Monday 5/12/2014 I received an OTA update. The update didn't work and now I cannot access my phone. When I force a soft reboot (power & volume down buttons) I get a message about "System UIDs Inconsistent" and then a bunch of pop-ups listing all the services that have stopped. No Verizion network access, no wifi, no USB, no phone SW, nothing. Just a black screen with the pop up messages.

There is critical data on the system (SD card 0) that I need to recover. I can access the Droid Triage screen. I tried to wipe the cache partition but when I reboot the phone after doing that, it tries to continue the update and fails, which throws me back to the System UID screen, etc.

I downloaded the file Blur_Version.9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip (which seems to be Mondays update) and tried to update from the SD card (SD 1). It begins the update but then posts the message:

"Package expects build fingerprint of Motorola/XT926_verizon/vanquish:4.1.2/9.8.1Q-94-1/57:user/release-keys or motorola/vanquish_vzw/vanquish:4.4.2/KDA20.62-10.1/10:user/release-keys; this device has motorola/vanquish_vzw/vanquish:4.4.2/KDA20.62-10/10:use"

I have a pic of the screen but cannot post it (new user restriction).

Which update file do I need (and where can I find it) to fix my phone so I can backup my data? Or is there another way to recover my phone that Verizon has bricked for me? As I said, there is critical data on the phone that I absolutely cannot lose.

Verizon and Motorola have been unable to help for the past week (though I did get a VERY helpful Verizon tech who called back repeatedly over the week to let me know they are trying to find out how to fix it but I have not heard from her in 2 days).

Someone, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, help me!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
"Package expects build fingerprint of Motorola/XT926_verizon/vanquish:4.1.2/9.8.1Q-94-1/57:user/release-keys or motorola/vanquish_vzw/vanquish:4.4.2/KDA20.62-10.1/10:user/release-keys; this device has motorola/vanquish_vzw/vanquish:4.4.2/KDA20.62-10/10:use"

the above is the problem, part of the ota flashed before it failed, now the ota will never install again.
assuming your phone is locked, there is no way to fix this until the fxz is leaked, this could be a week or a month no one can say. before using the leaked fxz, you will need to edit the xml file so it doesnt wipe your data.

OP
D

DaveBerkebile

Reaction score
the above is the problem, part of the ota flashed before it failed, now the ota will never install again.
assuming your phone is locked, there is no way to fix this until the fxz is leaked, this could be a week or a month no one can say. before using the leaked fxz, you will need to edit the xml file so it doesnt wipe your data.

Well, that is the most helpful info I have received to date! Thank you! What is the fxz? When it becomes available, where can I find it and how what edit(s) would I need to do before using it?

jaytli

Reaction score
Can you tell me where you downloaded the Blur_Version.9.30.1.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip file from? Thanks. My phone is messed up after trying the OTA update but it seems to be a different issue than yours.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Well, that is the most helpful info I have received to date! Thank you! What is the fxz? When it becomes available, where can I find it and how what edit(s) would I need to do before using it?

fxz is the file vzw or moto would use to flash your phone back to stock.
they can be found here Motorola Firmwares
i dont have a file on hand to post the exact line to delete, but in the xml file, you will want to remove entirely the line that refers to data wipe.
there may be other lines unrelated to wiping data that need to be removed but we need to see if it will flash first, then make further edits as needed.
it will need to be flashed with rsd lite, in the mean time if you dont know how to use that, i suggest you google it and read a bit. its really not that difficult.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Be careful. I doubt the 4.1.2 file will work once on 4.4.

Sent from my DE Moto X

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Be careful. I doubt the 4.1.2 file will work once on 4.4.

Sent from my DE Moto X

it wont work, it will fail or brick unless you are unlocked, hence my comments in post 2.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Gotcha... Missed it. :cool:

Sent from my DE Moto X

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
the link i posted in post 6 has the official ota in the post. i wouldnt suggest you side load it at this point, but its your call, it could make things worse or it could work. there is just no way to know for sure because some of the files already flashed.

Last edited by a moderator: