Corporate Sync - Unknown error, please try again

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I cannot get my corporate sync to work. Every time I enter all the information (into My Accounts), I get "Unknown error, please try again."

Here is some background info: I had the corporate sync all set up before, and it worked (kind of). It wouldn't push e-mails. I figured out everyone else had that problem too, so I installed Touchdown. I wasn't happy with it, so I uninstalled it. Then I installed Improved Email. I didn't reliably get push with it either, so I uninstalled it. Then I figured out my corporate sync wasn't syncing any more. I recycled the power a couple of times, and that didn't fix the problem. Then I decided to delete the account and start over. That's where I ran into this problem. I can't get the account set up again. All I get is this "Unknown error". Please help!!

I also installed the Facebook update today. I don't think that would have caused this problem, but in the interest of full disclosure, I thought I'd let you know.

Edit: The phone is a DROID PRO with 2.2.

OP
B

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Okay. Problem solved. For anyone who's interested, I have to specify the domain (e.g. "HOME"). So in the Domain field, I had "HOME", and then in the username field, I had "HOME\ME". That usually works with other programs (like Outlook), but it will cause an "unknown error" with the corporate sync. Just fyi.

MotoUser

Reaction score
I'm stuck. :(

I fill in Domain\Username and I get the "unknown error".
I fill in Domain without my username and I get "login to the account failed"

Is there anything else I could try? Any further suggestions?

OP
B

bjwheeler

Reaction score
Make sure you do not include the domain name in the username field. Also, make sure you do not include the username in the domain name field. Last, you might have to specify the server address. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App