Corporate Sync passcode/PIN bug

danwanna

Reaction score
I prefer this bug to the one on the stock email client on the D1. If you had a PIN requirement my policy it didn't allow you to change the lock duration. Basically every time the screen went off you were forced to enter your pin. At least you can adjust the duration on the D2.

I'm sure it doesn't help with your situation, but just trying to point out that Google's implementation isn't any better.

Reaction score
fix

I did find a fix for the pincode issue for Froyo on the X. The minute I updated to froyo, this pincode issue showed up on the X.

If you login into your webmail (OWA access), and go to options, and the delete your phone's from your profile. Then remove the account from your phone, reboot the phone, and readd the exchange account, this removes the pincode on Froyo on the X. I found this fix on the froyo bugs thread on this forum.

Worked perfectly for me.

m00nbeast

Reaction score
I did find a fix for the pincode issue for Froyo on the X. The minute I updated to froyo, this pincode issue showed up on the X.

If you login into your webmail (OWA access), and go to options, and the delete your phone's from your profile. Then remove the account from your phone, reboot the phone, and readd the exchange account, this removes the pincode on Froyo on the X. I found this fix on the froyo bugs thread on this forum.

Worked perfectly for me.

I tried this and it didn't work. In fact, after I removed the exchange account from the phone and rebooted it, it asked me for the pin that was set up initially when setting up the exchange account.

Reaction score

Worked perfectly for me.

I tried this and it didn't work. In fact, after I removed the exchange account from the phone and rebooted it, it asked me for the pin that was set up initially when setting up the exchange account.

Sorry it doesnt work on the D2, I thought maybe it would. I am so glad I took my D2 back, and got the X. With Froyo, everything is working perfectly.

m00nbeast

Reaction score
So apparently Moto says that they are aware of the issue where even if password is not enforced in exchange server, it still requires it on the phone and will have a fix for it in the next update.

Until then, you either have to root your phone and do some manipulation, use "Lockpick" if you have 2.1 or lower or don't use the native client and use something like Touchdown.

m00nbeast

Reaction score
Well I am waiting for my boss to come around so I can try this method on her phone: Exchange and pin after 2.2 update? - Android Forums

"I removed the corporate sync account. Then I went back to the security settings and I was able to disable it. I then re-added my corp account, and now I seem to be OK"

If anyone else has the chance to try it, let me know if it works for you. Thanks!

swatson

Reaction score
Droid 2 bug

I've just gotten my Droid 2 and love many of the features, but to sync with the corporate server I am stuck with this PIN feature. Anyone know about a software update which might address this issue?

xandor

Reaction score
So apparently Moto says that they are aware of the issue where even if password is not enforced in exchange server, it still requires it on the phone and will have a fix for it in the next update.

Until then, you either have to root your phone and do some manipulation, use "Lockpick" if you have 2.1 or lower or don't use the native client and use something like Touchdown.

Did Moto say anything about when this fabled update may come? In addition to this, I'm also wondering about the wonderful wifi on/off/on/off bug that randomly happens.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Did Moto say anything about when this fabled update may come? In addition to this, I'm also wondering about the wonderful wifi on/off/on/off bug that randomly happens.

The 2.3.15 and 2.4.0 leaks have cured my wifi issues...unless you want to root, however, you can't load either.

Corporate PIN issue is still there in those releases, AFAIK.

swatson

Reaction score
Contacted Moto

I talked with Moto on the phone and on email. In both cases they claim that our IT administrator can delete the requirement for a PIN on corporate servers. We've done that, rebooted, reinstalled the software on the phone, etc., and the PIN is still needed to get into the phone. So, I'm wondering if Moto really is aware.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I talked with Moto on the phone and on email. In both cases they claim that our IT administrator can delete the requirement for a PIN on corporate servers. We've done that, rebooted, reinstalled the software on the phone, etc., and the PIN is still needed to get into the phone. So, I'm wondering if Moto really is aware.

I've seen posts and confirmation from the Moto Forum Manager on the Motorola support forum about taking this issue to the dev team - I'm pretty sure they know about it. You just got a support agents who aren't aware...

sikbrik

Reaction score
Almost a month since the last post here...hopeful for a resolution soon. Anything new? I'd even go to a leaked version to rid myself of this PIN bug.

m00nbeast

Reaction score
Download and use "Improved Email" - It doesn't force a PIN and it's exactly like the native Droid client minus the extra security.

sikbrik

Reaction score
hmmm...thanks for the tip. The calendar is kludgy with "Improved Email" but it is very much like the built in mail app. The built in activesync is a bit nicer, as is touchdown. Not a bad app so far, though. Thanks again.