Corp Sync- Pin required?

the11

Reaction score
Does Corp Sync require you to enter a pin to unlock the phone?

I have checked in the settings and the option to turn the pin off is not available. I am able to adjust the amount of time before the phone locks.

I did not have a pin setup before adding my work email and would like to not have one now. Thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
It can be enabled on the D2 corp sync, yes, but it is supposed to be controlled by the Exchange setup your company uses...most companies (mine included) require PIN lock, remote wipe, etc., for exchange mail on a mobile device.

I have seen some posts from exchange admins saying they were having trouble getting the D2 to acknowledge that PIN lock had been turned off on their Exchange server.

texasPI

Reaction score
I just ran into this problem going from a D1 to the D2. I HATE this! I may go into VZW and ask for an DINC instead.

solar

Reaction score
Just buy Touchdown instead. thats what I ended up doing because I did NOT want to have to use a pin unlock and potentially have the server wipe my phone if someone was goofing off with my phone typed the wrong pin to many times. touchdown only asks for the pin when you luanch the program. that way, you can go back to using pattern lock. and the exchange features (email, calendar) are self contained within the program itself so if if wipes, it just wipes the touchdown data. It had a 30 day trial, so you might as well give it a shot. I tried it for about 5 days before I bought it. Its worth the high price tag if you need exchange access.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Moto is aware (from posts I've seen in their forum) of this issue and should be releasing a fix for this issue (requiring a PIN when the Exchange setup has turned off that requirement) "soon."

Touchdown is one option, but I find the interface/integration lacking, not my cup of tea.

I don't get, frankly, why anyone would not want a PIN on their phone regardless of this issue - phone presumably has all your work/personal emails/accounts, address/phone/email addresses of business/family/friends, your calendar, etc. If my phone was lost or stolen I would not want to give someone has complete access to my life. Seems worth typing a few digits to unlock to me. :)

solar

Reaction score
I also want security on my phone, but I don't want to have to use a pin. using the pattern lock is a least as secure as a pin, I would think. and when I use touchdown, I have two layers for exchange data. one with the pattern to unlock he phone and a pin unlock for the program. I also user wavesecure for remote location/wipe capability and I use droidcault for document encryption.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a leaked D2 ROM (2.3.15) that might (no idea, just speculating) have a fix for the PIN required issue on systems where the server is set to not require a PIN - anyone w/that issue who's rooted could try it and let others know. :) Since my company requires a PIN w/exchange accounts I can't check the issue.

I've loaded it and it loads/runs fine...there's a thread here and in the ROM section w/links.