Corporate Exchange Users: Does your phone stay in sync?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
B

ba-b4

Reaction score
According to the guy in the other thread he wasn't able to get synced at all in the first place so his IT team had to loosen up security and allow external devices to connect and sync with Exchange. This however doesn't really apply to my situation nor others who are able to get synced initially but later having the sync break off until you reboot or do a battery pull.

I have a work around that does get it back syncing without a reboot however and that is turn on airplane mode (disconnects antenna, and turn off the datasync button in the power widget) Leave them both off for a little bit. Then turn them back on again. Finally you can hit the sync button in the application like touchdown and it will start syncing up again but that's a real PITA and we shouldn't have to do that. It certainly is no real solution for someone who needs corporate email access.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Truthfully, I would not have allowed my staff to make those changes.

k2rm

Reaction score
Motorola forum

Check this thread out:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/40791?start=0&tstart=0

Lots of current phone models are having exchange issues. Motorola is trying to claim it is exchange server settings, but may be slowly coming around to the idea that it is a problem with the phone. If more people complain there, hopefully we can get a solution soon.

PaulQ

Reaction score
I am getting some relief with Improved Email but it's only been 24 hours. You guys are saying this will fail shortly as well? How long should I expect to get service through Improved Email?

Thanks!

OP
B

ba-b4

Reaction score
^ that's the problem Paul.. you never know until you find you've missed a meeting or email that was important from your boss. lol

PaulQ

Reaction score
^ that's the problem Paul.. you never know until you find you've missed a meeting or email that was important from your boss. lol

Yeah... Improved Email failed on me. Luckily I paid attention and it wasn't on something important.

:(

OP
B

ba-b4

Reaction score
Yeah just keep checking in on that motorolla suppor thread on post 21. Those support guys still don't have a clue. Droid 2 global good bye. HTC Merge hurry up and come out!

jpokin

Reaction score
I just managed to convince the office bosses to upgrade my old Razr (with dying battery) to the D2G. The new phone arrived today from Verizon - I haven't touch the phone yet.

Since I am new to Android, I was surfing the net for info on apps, tips... etc. Unfortunately, this thread has hit me like a sack of bricks. Who would expected a top-tier smartphone in this age to have major issues with Exchange? Forwarding corporate email to a public server is not an option for me.

So, it appears that I will have some explaining to do to the bosses and Verizon tomorrow. This phone simply would not work for business use. Sigh.

PaulQ

Reaction score
I just managed to convince the office bosses to upgrade my old Razr (with dying battery) to the D2G. The new phone arrived today from Verizon - I haven't touch the phone yet.

Since I am new to Android, I was surfing the net for info on apps, tips... etc. Unfortunately, this thread has hit me like a sack of bricks. Who would expected a top-tier smartphone in this age to have major issues with Exchange? Forwarding corporate email to a public server is not an option for me.

So, it appears that I will have some explaining to do to the bosses and Verizon tomorrow. This phone simply would not work for business use. Sigh.

Here's the Motorola forum... with HUNDREDS of complaints. It kind of makes giving up the Droid a little easier... gives you even more justification.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/290320#290320

I feel your pain.

OP
B

ba-b4

Reaction score
Some users on the Motorola support forums say that they had this problem but when they rooted and used vanilla Android on their droid phones the problem didn't resurface. That points to a issue of Motoblur. The reason why they are slow on fixing it is probably because they have to redesign the whole damn interface. Oh well. I suppose for anyone who is stuck on their Droid past the 30 day's return period and needs to use exchange mail the answer for now is just to root your phone.

slimpickens

Reaction score
I just purchased a D2G after owning a D1 for 2 years. My experience with D2G exchange push is poor as well. It basically doesn't work without accessing the inbox first. With the D1 there were never any push problems. I'm going back to the D1 until this gets resolved, but otherwise really like the D2G.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I've actually been using Improved Email since my D1. I tried the built-in motorola email app but the sync issues were driving me nuts. I went back to Improved Email and haven't had an issue since.