corporate calendar always running

aka_rob

Reaction score
every time I open advanced task killer i notice the corporate calendar is running.. I've never used it. anyone else notice this. I'm not sure how big of a deal it is, but its weird none the less..

Droider

Reaction score
I get the same thing. You can kill Corporate Calendar but then it reloads automatically in less than a minute. I do have an exchange email account setup but within Corporate Calendar I unchecked My Calendar. Even with that, apparently the app wants to run to keep my nonsyncing calendar in sync.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no worries with tasks running in the background. It will drive you nuts always sutting them down and then 2 minutes later they are up again. Linux does a really good job of memory management so you don't have to worry about anything slowing the device down.

Leave it be. The device will be fine : )

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I agree thiss should not be running all the time..doesn't it use up battery? There should be a way to turn it off.. also alarm clock I don't need...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Though we may not have to worry about memory management, it does seem odd that it reloads quite often, another weird one is that if you lock the screen and then undo it, then of the apps reappear, like they were never shut down completely.

Dream

Reaction score
What I don't understand is every time you use an app, its stays running in the background, every time. You have to use an app to kill it off. Is this the way the OS is designed? Seems very inefficient to me.

justchilln

Reaction score
I agree, I don't care if Android does a good job of managing memory, this is one less program it wouldn't have to deal with at all... We need more control over our apps, some kind of toggle that allows you decide if you want the program to auto update or what not.. It just pisses me off when I see apps running that I don't use or need at the moment.... Also I have heard the argument that the android OS manages memory well that it will not matter, I call BS on the grounds that as soon as I close out all the apps that clogging up my RAM, I see a drastic improvement in the laggy navigation that constantly occurs when there are 20 or so apps in the BKG....

kdn102

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same thing as justchillin. If the Droid seems sluggish I will go to a task manager and find less than 40M of memory free. I kill everything and then it's running as smooth as a reset.

There is a problem with that however. The first time I kill apps I see approximately 110MB free. Each additional kill drops the total free by a few MB. Over a few days it drops below 80MB and the sluggishness becomes more frequent.

Do I smell a memory leak?

I found someone recommending you reboot the Droid every few days...that's complete and utter BS. Something needs to be done about that.

williamsj91

Reaction score
Ya know I noticed that less meg thing after a couple days. I also noticed depending what task killer you use, the show different apps running. So Advanced Task Manager, Cleanoid full, and Advanced Task Killer all show different but some are similar. Between all I can get over 100, but kinda messy don't ya think.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I've noticed that people that use ATK have far more memory issues than those that don't. Honestly, I'm starting to think that the "cure" is worse than the alleged "problem"

rodolo

Reaction score
Is there an app to Control what app starts up? Like a startup manager?

kdn102

Reaction score
I've noticed that people that use ATK have far more memory issues than those that don't. Honestly, I'm starting to think that the "cure" is worse than the alleged "problem"

I would love to agree with you but I only downloaded the app to solve a problem...my Droid was running very slow and wasn't responding to key presses properly. Hell today right before I did a factory reset it was taking THREE seconds to respond to key presses on the on screen keyboard!

If it weren't for my phone getting slower day by day I wouldn't care how much memory I have free. I've been seeing a consistent repeatable loss of memory and responsiveness.

I have installed very few apps since my reset this afternoon and I will hold off on installing anything else for a few days to see if the pattern repeats.

bots

Reaction score
From my experience, the only way a task killer is gonna help at all, is if you have a badly written app, or an app designed for a previous android build hogging memory (or leaking it). Then the task killer will obviously speed up your phone. Single that app out and uninstall it, then ditch the task killer or you're gonna drive yourself nuts trying to do what android does by itself automatically.

marsha12151

Reaction score
The app is called:

Startup Auditor by vesperaNovus

Free in the Market. I stopped the corporate calendar, the alarm clock, and several others that I do not use from starting. Simple to use and does what it says it will do.

kdn102

Reaction score
The app is called:

Startup Auditor by vesperaNovus

Free in the Market. I stopped the corporate calendar, the alarm clock, and several others that I do not use from starting. Simple to use and does what it says it will do.

It's showing $.99 for me...but it may be worth it to keep some things from running and narrow down a memory leak.

Thanks for that.