Copying to SD Card

lwags67

Reaction score
I cannot copy the GB leak to my SD card root directory. Stops about 3/4 of the way through. I can copy to a subfolder where pictures are, etc. but when I try to move it to root directory, it bails out again. What's up? Can I install GB from the other directory? The message is the phone has been disconnected, which it hasn't. Can I unzip and copy smaller files/folders?

Last edited:
OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Has about 7 gb free and save pictures there all the time. Are there programs that can be run like on a pc to check for errors? Maybe I should try taking the card out of the phone and put it n a slot on pc and try copying it there and/or running a cleanup program on it.

silver6054

Reaction score
Has about 7 gb free and save pictures there all the time. Are there programs that can be run like on a pc to check for errors? Maybe I should try taking the card out of the phone and put it n a slot on pc and try copying it there and/or running a cleanup program on it.
Yes, certainly try doing the copy when the card is in the PC rather than the phone. If that still fails, and you really have free space, you can try copying the photo files etc to a safe place on your PC, and then format the card and try again.

PC disk checking programs might detect if there is an issue as well.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
A basic Windows disk check might actually help; this sometimes happens when the USB storage device is not removed in a “safe” manner and the cached filesystem changes were not applied to the media.

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
I probably have and extra microSD card somewhere. Think I will just tranfer the leak to it, unmount existing and replace with new one for the upgrade? Sound reasonable?

leobg

Reaction score
I probably have and extra microSD card somewhere. Think I will just tranfer the leak to it, unmount existing and replace with new one for the upgrade? Sound reasonable?

This will certainly do the job.

As GY suggested, check your card for errors using windows PC. Mount as USB storage and perform disk check from windows. You don't even need card reader for this

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Agree. Have some higher level tools other than Windows disk checker.