Notifications and Ringtones

Claytonbakerjr

Reaction score
Is there a way???

Please note if this is the wrong area I would be happy to post this elsewhere. :biggrin:
Hello All
I'm sure this is an easy one but since I am new to the Android OS I seem to be hitting a wall.
I have download several ringtones that I would like to use as Notifications such as text message alerts.
I have been using an app called Zedge for pics and tones.
Once installed I moved the app to my SD card.
How can I copy/paste the tones from this apps directory into the Notifications directory within the phone?
Currently I am using AndExplorer and when I try to do the mentioned copy/paste it just pops up a generic message stating it failed.???
Is there (hopefully free :)...) an app out there that I can depend on to do this? Is this a root issue? How do I get around it?
Should I just move the Zedge app back to the phone?
Thanks to all

Phoenix1224

Reaction score
I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for. If you're looking for an app that downloads the ringtones and such for you, I don't know how to help you except saying that maybe keeping Zedge in the phone memory. I downloaded it and tried it, and it worked great by pressing the download arrow in the lower left corner, and after it was done, pressing the circle it had become set it automatically as my wallpaper. I'm sure it works the same for ringtones..

For my ringtones, I personally create my own using my own music with the 'Ringdroid' app. It's free, pretty basic and easy to use, yet powerful enough to do what I want. Automatically sets as ringtone or notification for you (if you want) once you create it and save it. Once it is saved to the folder, even if you remove Ringdroid or Zedge, you should still be able to access the saved 'tones by going to Settings-> Sounds (or notifications, something like that). Hope this helps!

Oh, and welcome to the platform! Android is awesome! One thing that helped me out when I started out was to pretty much download multiple apps to do what I wanted, see which one I liked the best, and deleted all the rest. I've only paid for one app in about 3 years now, and only then because I really enjoyed the game..