Cool uses for your Droid

thehotcops

Reaction score
Anyone have any good stories where your Droid came in extra handy in your day-to-day life?

jthorpe

Reaction score
I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls :)

vonfink13

Reaction score
My 6 year old daughter and I were at her Dr.s office waiting for her to get her flu shots. I really did not want her touching all the toys in the waiting room and picking up all those germs. So, we went to the apps/games section on the droid and downloaded tic-tac-toe and wac-a-mole and passed the time playing Droid games. I was extremely grateful for my Droid...!

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls :)

+1 Hands down the best Checkbook/Transaction register on the market. I love it.

brianr0131

Reaction score
had to copy my Driver's License for something and my fax wasn't working riht so I used the program scan2pdf and got it done that way. Just had to put license near bottom of shot because of intrusive watermark.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I've used the camera numerous times when I'm going to buy parts for something. I take a picture of the part I need and refer to it at the store. Keeps me from making multiple trips to buy and return things.

jkayner

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!

synctek

Reaction score
I was going to Game Stop last Sunday afternoon (Left 4 Dead II) and not sure if they were open....so I used the voice search - Said "game stop". Got the map and and phone number link. I pressed the link and the Droid dialed the number!!!! Better than calling 411!!!!

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I have a 3 month old daughter who was being fussy while we were out somewhere. I quickly went to amazon music and downloaded a childrens lullaby album and put it next to her with the volume low. It calmed her down, which calmed me and my wife down. Win!

Now that's awesome... :icon_ banana:

chrise2004

Reaction score
just yesterday i got home and i lost my flashlight a week or so ago....i remembered my flashlight app. used it for me and the dog to get back up stairs. also i use the level app alot to hang stuff.

y6y6y6

Reaction score
My wife and I share a Google doc called Shopping list. She adds whatever she wants me to buy and I check it when I leave from work.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I used the Android Light Sabre app to let my wife know I'm even more of a dork than she thought previously.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
I have an 8 month old daughter and I put her to bed around 8. When i got bed around midnight I turn on my "color flashlight" and go in the room and make sure she is sleeping good. I use a dark blue light, so it does not affect her at all, but I get a clear view of my sleeping beauty

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Phone, email, text.....