Cool uses for your Droid

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I used the Homer Simpson soundboard last night when an obnoxious telemarketer called my house...

"JERK ASS"... :icon_ devil:

J.P.

Reaction score
I used the Homer Simpson soundboard last night when an obnoxious telemarketer called my house...

"JERK ASS"... :icon_ devil:

I havent tested any of the sound boards, but do they work when someone is calling your cell phone? for instance if someone calls and i open the app, does it go through the phone? or come out of the phones speakers?

pope66682

Reaction score
I have used my phone to download, edit, and set as an alarm tone the PeeWee's big adventure music to wake my ass up for work. Now I wake up happy cause its hilarious. I luv my Droid

BigTex71

Reaction score
I have a two year old daughter and when she is fussy and being stubborn, I can immediately change her mood and make her laugh by pulling out my Droid and running the FartDroid app. A lifesaver!

zeira

Reaction score
I made a folder with Google Map shortcuts to various places (home/school/office etc) by public transportation. Then I just click on the place I need to get to and I know what the quickest way to get there is, and when the next bus/subway is coming.

synctek

Reaction score
Are you able to name the folder? - can't figure out how to do that

zeira

Reaction score
Yes, you open the folder and do a long press on the name, the renaming option just pops up. I tried that before, but it didn't work until I knew it was supposed to work :)

synctek

Reaction score
Doh!!!! Long-press should have known. Thx Zeira.

Too add my 2 cents...I have used page 3 on the home screen to make shortcuts for my frequent contacts. All you have to do is click the contact and it will dial...the same is true for messaging. Looks like it will hold 16 contacts without a folder.

Erich_F

Reaction score
I called my wife in Tampa while I was in Gainesville. Had I not had the Droid, it would have hurt my throat to yell that loud :icon_evil:

souljerr

Reaction score
I have used page 3 on the home screen to make shortcuts for my frequent contacts. All you have to do is click the contact and it will dial...the same is true for messaging. Looks like it will hold 16 contacts without a folder.

Thought I was the only one who did this :)

Slighter

Reaction score
Navigation, simply amazing with a pic of your destination. Had Copilot on my Q9c and is weak in comparison. Voice search to map to nav, realtime satellite view street view it just ROCKS! Copilot is available in the market for I believe $40, save the money.

usermmg

Reaction score
A long day with my droid-

well lets see...

-used google navigation to find a fishing spot

-once at the spot opened up my fishing buddy app and cast my line for the first time

-decided that i didn't like the side of the lake that i was on, so i opened google maps and spotted a nice area on the other side

-drove to the other side of the lake where the grass was heavily saturated from two weeks worth of rain

-got stuck in the mud with my "not so mighty" two wheel drive titan ( stupid me)

-opened google maps again to get the phone number to the reception desk in the conservation area (busch wildlife)
-----FAST FORWARD-----

-took lots of photos with my "finally focusing camera" and uploaded them to "LOOPT" so that everyone could see just where i was and how stupid i was

-called my best friend to come pick me up.... and since i uploaded my status to loopt, he just clicked on the link with his Iphone and knew exactly where i was...

HEY I'M HOME NOW- truck is still there until tomorrow when i'll attempt to dig it out....

all in all, it was a pretty exciting day with some losses and plenty of laughter ( at my own expense )- DROID WAS THERE FOR IT ALL.... and the best part was my battery didn't die until i was in the comforts of my best friends car !!! :icon_ banana:

mrvogt

Reaction score
The other day i was driving with my Droid in its car dock, front and center on the windscreen. My 19 month old daughter started saying "Elmo? Elmo?". With a few finger presses I loaded a Sesame Street YouTube video for her to watch. Worked perfectly!

bodean

Reaction score
I use it all the time at work. I LOVE google maps on my droid, especially since they show both state road numbers and road names. That's important to me for work. Used the pinpoint application a couple days ago to email a map and my coordinates for the helicopter who was enroute to assist us...

In addition, I use it to text other co-workers on shift so that we can coordinate things we don't want to speak over the radio. I've made a bunch of spreadsheets with important information on them such as court dates etc. I can use it to look for warrants and all kinds of stuff. Use easymoney 1.2.3 to balance my bank accounts... Used Flixter a few times looking for the best theater to go to...Use weatherbug all the time...Used the camera a few times for evidence pictures...use it as my alarm clock, to browse facebook, to check account balances with my bank...

oh yeah, and to make and receive phone calls :)

+1 Hands down the best Checkbook/Transaction register on the market. I love it.

Does this have any sync with Quicken (as that is my checkbook / desktop app).

OP
thehotcops

thehotcops

Reaction score
I believe a Mint.com app is coming out soon. I think that should sync with Quicken, since I'm pretty sure Quicken bought Mint.