High data usage

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used 31 gigs last month. And I refuse to feel bad about unlimited data no matter how I use it. Tether or streamed. Data is data and I pay for unlimited. Eat me vzw.

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @ 1.25

And that attitude is exactly why there is tiered data plans and there is a throttle on data. Yes unlimited data for your phone should truly be unlimited but tethering is clearly not included in that. But whatever that convo is for another thread.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Do you know how much data actually costs VZ? Its not much. Kinda like text messaging. It costs them about a penny for each text message, yet they charge a ton. I don't feel bad for Verizon.

CM74DX

I don't feel real bad either, that's not the point, it's the blatant disregard for the rules though that Verizon sees and then puts into place even stricter policies. It's like this, I went to a private university where they had some RIDICULOUS rules but I signed a conduct code saying I would obey them, when I broke the rules I was punished and rightfully so. No matter how unfair or stupid the rules are, they are still the rules. Would it be nice if VZW let everyone tether for free, absolutely but unfortunately that isn't going to happen.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used 31 gigs last month. And I refuse to feel bad about unlimited data no matter how I use it. Tether or streamed. Data is data and I pay for unlimited. Eat me vzw.

And that attitude is exactly why there is tiered data plans and there is a throttle on data. Yes unlimited data for your phone should truly be unlimited but tethering is clearly not included in that. But whatever that convo is for another thread.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Do you know how much data actually costs VZ? Its not much. Kinda like text messaging. It costs them about a penny for each text message, yet they charge a ton. I don't feel bad for Verizon.

CM74DX

does anything really cost any company anything? you're getting ripped off in every aspect of life. i find it laughable that everyone wants to be vigilantes with phone companies...:icon_rolleyes:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
As stated in other threads, the word "unlimited" does not override the TOS that you agreed to when you signed up. Be aware of what the TOS specifically states.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

does anything really cost any company anything? you're getting ripped off in every aspect of life. i find it laughable that everyone wants to be vigilantes with phone companies...:icon_rolleyes:

If I have unlimited if something, that makes me want to use it as much as I want. If I go to a buffet, and I wanna get 8 plates of food, I'm getting 8 plates of food.

CM74DX

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

If I have unlimited if something, that makes me want to use it as much as I want. If I go to a buffet, and I wanna get 8 plates of food, I'm getting 8 plates of food.

CM74DX

and you can...you can use 2000GB of data if you want on your phone and no one can say a thing to you and you wouldn't be violating your TOS...tethering is a different story...again, i find it laughable that people want to pick fights with phone companies (simply because the phone companies haven't done anything about it), and let themselves get ripped off everywhere else on the planet.

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Like the new commercial for the droid whatever that says it's preloaded with netflix.. Enjoy your movies at lte speeds... They don't mention in that commercial that you really can only watch 1.5 movies a month if you're on the 2 gig plan.
Again. Eat me vzw.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish Verizon would just make an example out of someone haha...then all these "it's my phone and I'll do what I want" people would shut up already...

It's easy to be a tough guy when no one is stopping you

googlelover

Reaction score
Actually czerdrill, they have terminated a few contracts, or charged people by the MB for data they believed was used to tether. No better wake up call then a nice 1000 dollar bill. Honestly, I tether, but I think over the life of my droid I've used maybe 1 gb of that, most of it was to give quick wifi to an ipod or something.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually czerdrill, they have terminated a few contracts, or charged people by the MB for data they believed was used to tether. No better wake up call then a nice 1000 dollar bill. Honestly, I tether, but I think over the life of my droid I've used maybe 1 gb of that, most of it was to give quick wifi to an ipod or something.

Are you sure? AFAIK, Verizon has never charged anyone on an unlimited plan for overages or terminated any contracts for people that tether. In fact, I don't think any company ever has. It would have been all over the internet if it happened. That's why people continue to do it and say things like "I can do what I want!" I agree, a $1000 bill would be a definite wake-up call.

googlelover

Reaction score
Hm. Maybe I'm just crazy but I'm sure I saw somewhere that they did. Meh, damn memory is lying to me again....

kparks

Reaction score
Since netflix came to the Thunderbolt I have been watching it like crazy. 15 days into my cycle and I have used 4 gigs of data. Excessive? I have unlimited data. Any similar stories?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I've hit over 10 gb three months In a row using netflix and Pandora last month I used 7 no problems at all

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums