control music from locked screen?

ujhony03

Reaction score
Possible? This is the only missing functionality that I miss from my iPhone days. Is there an app out there? Maybe something that brings up a quick control like the sms app handcent does when u get an sms while locked

AM Son

Reaction score
I'm with ya- really the only thing I'm missing from the iPod days.

This phone is sweet, but unless we get headphone controls or lock screen controls, it's tough to use as a music player.

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Maybe an app can help with this? I'm buying a Droid soon and I want to be able to change the song without going through many menus.

Mark5047

Reaction score
Not sure if it is helpful or not, but I have a plantronics bluetooth headset that has a play/pause button on the side. If I hit that it will automatically launch the music player to the last CD I was listening to.

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I'm using the ScreenModeWidget which gives you the option to leave the screen on or off but not lock it. There are others talking about it on this forum some place --search around and you'll find it. Some have had issues while others haven't.

You can still control the volume regardless if the screen is locked --I've tested this with Pandora but not my own MP3s.

turboale

Reaction score
Thats what I miss most about my Storm. If you press and hold the vol+ it goes to the next track and vv. This makes it possible to change songs even with gloves on! There has to be a way to make an app for this!

HAKmaster

Reaction score
Just press the volume rocker while the phone is locked and it works as long as the media is already playing. I use mine everyday, both the media player and pandora. Hope this helps.