Music Apps for Droid

andy123

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got a Droid is so I don't have to carry around a phone and my iPod touch. The music player that comes standard is alright but I want more. I am looking for suggestions on a good music player app for Droid. Ones I have tried are:

1. RockOn - didn't like because you could only play music through albums.

2. Tunewiki - sucks because I would hit playlists/artist and would have to wait a full minute before it opened. One of the things I did like about Tunewiki was the Flyscreen that it was compatable with. It lets you control your music from the lock screen of your phone.

3. The one that I am using for the moment is MixZing (or MixZing Lite as it says in my app up menu.) It has a big widget that takes up a whole screen which is pretty cool but I would like to control it form my lock screen.

So are there any other msuic playing apps that are worth a download? Specifially one that is compatable with Flyscreen or something else that lets me control it from my lock screen? Similar to the iPhone or iPod Touch?

Another thing I am looking for is a music streamer. I am using iMusic. It lets me download and/or play the music online. The only problem with iMusic is that I can't find songs until a week after they come out. I am looking for another app like iMusic that I can play or download the songs but where they come out sooner.

Any suggestions for a music player and a music streamer is greatly appreciated. Thank you

analyzer

Reaction score
music control. free app alows limited control with screen locked.
I,ve been searching for an app to manage my personal collection as well and mixzing lite seems to be the best. Creating and editing playlists is a simple task with this app.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i use my droid for the radio- PANDORA and my ipod classic for music

couldn't have enough space on the droid for my music.
8k songs.

how much much music do you have?
nothing does music better than an ipod.

OyVOid

Reaction score
I use an app called iMusic from the Market to download the songs I like and use the Music widget to control the playlists, albums, songs, artists.

It works for me. I listen to my favorites songs in a shuffle or repeat if I am stuck on a song that I like a lot. I use my Droid to listen to music everyday. It keeps me happy:). :icon_ banana:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I use MixZing, I like how it downloads the album artwork on the fly too.
I like it's layout as well.
Much nicer than the stock player.

eTiMaGo

Reaction score
I use MixZing, I like how it downloads the album artwork on the fly too.
I like it's layout as well.
Much nicer than the stock player.

Yep, thanks to you guys, just tried it, love it! the large widget, although huge, reminds me of the HTC music player widget and works quite well :)

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
I use an app called iMusic from the Market to download the songs I like and use the Music widget to control the playlists, albums, songs, artists.

It works for me. I listen to my favorites songs in a shuffle or repeat if I am stuck on a song that I like a lot. I use my Droid to listen to music everyday. It keeps me happy:). :icon_ banana:

That's weird because on my iMusic widget all it lets me do is search for songs easier. I can't control playlists, albums, or artists.

OyVOid

Reaction score

That's weird because on my iMusic widget all it lets me do is search for songs easier. I can't control playlists, albums, or artists.

Not "iMusic" widget. I use the MUSIC widget you can get from the the 1st or 3rd home screen. You press long on either screen and it will bring a menu list, click on Widgets and you'll see a blue speaker icon. That's the widget that I use to control my music selections.
Rock on!

pinesal

Reaction score
I tried Mixzing and it kind of sucks at getting album art. Rockon3 lets you search for album art if one can't be found automaticly,

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
Nice! I tried to listen to music today on my Droid while driving today for the first time, and thought the music app kind of sucked, and said to myself 'man, ill have to search droid forums to find a new app' I'm going to try Mixzing tonight after work