"Contacts to Display"

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Is there any way to delete certain accounts from having contacts show up in my contacts list?

For example: I added my Hotmail account and synced my emails. Sync contacts is currently UNchecked. For some reason every time I close out of my contacts and reopen them later, all of my Hotmail contacts show up in my contacts list. I DO NOT want these contacts to show up in my contacts (or phone book) list, but for some reason they do. Anybody know how to permanently get rid of them? Thanks in advance, this is driving me nuts.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
You should be able to select which contacts in your People app are displayed - under the contact tab (middle one) tap settings and select "contacts to display" - make sure you only have the accounts selected here that you want.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
The problem I have is to not display contract without number. Og droid does it but not nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You should be able to select which contacts in your People app are displayed - under the contact tab (middle one) tap settings and select "contacts to display" - make sure you only have the accounts selected here that you want.

I do this frequently, but say, if I close the contacts or people app, or reboot my phone, I have to reselect the only contacts I want to display again. Every time. Gets annoying.

What I really want is to delete certain accounts from even showing the contacts to display as an option. I don't even want them to appear or be an option to select them. Is there any way to delete certain accounts' contacts from displaying?

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Really nobody even has 2 cents I can borrow? I would really appreciate it.

Did I just stump Droid Forums? Haha

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really nobody even has 2 cents I can borrow? I would really appreciate it.

Did I just stump Droid Forums? Haha

So, if you select "customize" and check the ones you want and leave the rest unchecked, then select ok - it still resets every time? If so, there's an issue with your software. It's not suppose to behave that way and you might consider a factory reset. I know it sucks, but that may be your only option.