Messaging Icon not showing up for my profile

naman919

Reaction score
I know this is an easily fixed issue but for some reason i can't remember how to fix it. I searched and still couldn't quite find the answer.

I used mybackup pro to restore my sms and mms messages. When i create or view sms threads there's no picture now next to my name. it's the gray "person" icon. i know it's an easy fix. the me contact, in contacts, isn't associated with my (the full me) contact listed further down in my contacts.

Thanks in advance.

*****EDIT: A fix for me seems to have been to open Google+ and allow it to sync contacts there. My local contact now reflects my google account. Picture is back in messaging.****

Last edited:

EAK

Reaction score
Can you join them? Never had this issue so don't know if it will help or not. You select the contact then menu> edit>menu>join and select the contact you want joined with.

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
no you can't join them. i deleted the "me" contact in gmail and somehow there's still a local profile for me on the phone. ICS doesn't have a merge feature on the phone.

how can i get the local associated with my full contact information?

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
see screenshot attached. somehow my phone has a local profile for me that is not my google account that it's syncing. therefore my picture won't show up in messaging.

View attachment 44784

BOA

Reaction score
see screenshot attached. somehow my phone has a local profile for me that is not my google account that it's syncing. therefore my picture won't show up in messaging.

View attachment 44784
How did you fix this? It's also using a local account and NOT my gmail account. And therefore I don't get my profile picture.

BOA

Reaction score
Never mind; I fixed it. You have to log into Google+ and I hadn't yet. Soon as I did the profile was back.