Contacts sync with facebook

cci703

Reaction score
Why dose some of my contacts sync with facebook and the others don't. If I add a name to my contacts that has facebook (friends) sometime all the info from facebook comes up but others time no info.

Thanks for any help. J.c.
ent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask: Are you sure you're adding the exact name the people are using on Facebook?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
cci703

cci703

Reaction score
Yes im am. Some of my contacts Just have the 1st name and there facebook comes up others have there full name and nothing. I didn't know if there was a way to re sync everthing.

Thanks
J.c.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
You can delete Facebook from your account sync list and add it again, but it would add everyone you're Facebook friends with, not just people you really talk to on a regular basis.

OP
cci703

cci703

Reaction score
That worked

Thanks
J. C.

Ebfly21

Reaction score
Facebook Sync Problems with Droid3

That happened to me too. I think its because the phone is confused. If the removing the Facebook account from My Accounts and then adding it back in doesnt work, try this:

Example:
John Smith is in my contacts, but his photo for facebook isnt showing up.
Find John Smith in Contacts.
EDIT CONTACT
Press the MENU Hard Button
Click JOIN
See if you see John Smith as a choice in the list it brings up (Hopefully you do)
CLICK on him and hit JOIN (or something like that)
Now you phone should associate the John Smith Facebook contact with your John Smith Regular Contact. I dont know why it does that for some people. The info is in the phone, the phone just doesnt know to connect the two.
(You can do this when the Name in your Contact doeesnt match up with the name that person has in Facebook. So if you have JR in your contacts but his name is really James Reilly on Facebook, you can use the same steps to "JOIN" them together in your contacts.

Hope that helps!!